Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

How your day been going?

Post by Briano1234 »

Gee, Lets start yesterday, took my son to school in the green bunny, parked it then proceeded to finish the new top.

Have to run to the hardware store no biggie, go get in the green rabbit and nutin honey, no starter.

No biggie take the pathfinder to the store, and then to the auto store to get a hot start relay, the old big assed FORD switch.

Come home wire the switch in, and nada still no starter.

Okay start working on the top, get it the rear cable in clean and repair the window frame, then start working on the seal and clean everything up, but then the top isn't right. I lost all the adjustment that I had gained. Damn where is the frame bent, as closing the top tweaks the windshield.... That ain't right....

This morning, I fingered that the new relay is okay, and proceed to debug the wiring, ripping out the seat and laying on my back I go through every fuse, and every relay. I break out the Bentley, and run the wiring diagrams over and over and over.. nothing. I can short the relay and the car starts and runs.

Where the duck is J207 it isn't at relay location 15, there isn't one in either of my cars nor the spare, the ETKA shows it but I still haven't found it.

In the mean time I decided to start measuring the top frame on the blue car and after 15 minutes, I have it, the passengers middle frame that goes over the b-pillar and it is 3/4 of an inch lower than the drivers side. It is bent down, and that drop of 3/4 relates to the 1/2 inch shortness that I have. The PO must have bent the frame

Good new is that my home grown cables at 37 1/4" is the perfect lenght, the top was so light to the frame... it was purtty.

My 2 lenghts of chain attached to the front end of the cable mount is great, it allow the cable to not kink at that point, and it shouldn't break at all ever. Wnen I get to the new frame and the new top then i will snap a pic. I am really disappointed with the quality of the top from Cabrio World. There were no feed strings to pull the cables through the side, and the boot tabs were sewn to the bead of the rear cable, and the string was such that it will show.....

Yep the frame is bent, I tried to straighten it with clamps and steel, even tried to jack it, and beat the bend but but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... so I took the top off, and removed the headliner and the frame off the car.

The parts cabbys frame is okay, so is the head liner, but there is a problem with the padding. So I will take the pad off my blue one and put it on the blue.

Back to the green car, I decided that the problem is the relay, and low and behold it was fucked up from the get go.
Damn new parts....

So after getting the Green car back together, the seat cleaned from dirty paw prints, and pissed off me Did I mention that it was raining cats and cows.

So I have the frame almost off the parts cabby, and now I need to finish but I may just wait till tomorrow.
I am pretty well shot.....

So how has your day been going?

3 days to change a top, shit, I still haven't gotten to the head gasket yet.
but the parts are in at the dealership.

I have taken plenty of pics, so if I ever get it finished then I will share........
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Brian, That is a hard act to follow.

This day has been OK, I am just rounding up parts to start on the project cabby.

Speaking of which, I figured last week end I should move it. Well the combination of snow and recient warm weather has left it in an ice bed that reaches to the bottom of the rims. Can you say Spinnnnnnnn.

Any how it isn't all that bad. We are supposed to have some real warm weather tis week end, so most of the ice will melt and I should be able to just drive it out. :lol:

I can't wait, I am counting the days till I take over the garage and can start on this little buggy.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

wow, thats about all I can say. I know you'll lick it yet though.

My day was a normal day at the sweat shop. People wanting things without going through the ticket center, unplanned moves, about 20 pc's that just didn't want to freaking patch automaticly so I had to do it manually and more reporting then I can understand the need for.

Was thinking about playing with the rocco when I got home, but I'm just too damn tired to deal with it. Tomorrow is another day.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

damn briano, luck o' the irish strikes again! :)
keep at it, you'll get it. i have faith in ya.

my day, well the past 2 days i've had a toothache from HELL!!! it goes all the way up into the top of my head and makes my right eye feel like its in a vise :x
i can't get into a dentist until next week.
If you can't beat them, drop the top and pimp by 'em!

85 Mercedes 500SEL grey market euro
Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol