I'll have one in Blue please...

Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

CalAltaDubber wrote: Hey Christine, maybe we should create a new form for Restoration/Overhauling? We could call it the "Save a Bunny Forum".
Great idea, William will put that up in it's own category so you guys can post your project threads. I believe he is also looking into how to make the gallery so you guys can upload your pics here...this way no red X's
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Cool! :D
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

Phil: :lol: It might have pre-Clipper accessories, but those accessories look darn good! 8)

Brian: No, you can't have my avatar. :twisted: :P :D Have you settled on a name *cough*Smurf*cough* for the blue one yet?
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

kamzcab86 wrote:Phil: :lol: It might have pre-Clipper accessories, but those accessories look darn good! 8)

Brian: No, you can't have my avatar. :twisted: :P :D Have you settled on a name *cough*Smurf*cough* for the blue one yet?
Gee I hadn't thought about that one yet.... I did think on getting a Vanity plate to day PAPSMUF wasn't taken and neither was CAB0LET They wouldn't put through SUX2BU

Sooooooo I setteled for one from the top and got a generic for this year.

Names? not yet, but papa smurf is the current favorite
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Caddycabby

Post by Caddycabby »

very nice car, so clean, congrats
No chowder for you, cause clams have feelings too.
maushaus

Post by maushaus »

CalAltaDubber wrote:

Kelly, you are just tyring to be nice.

But Ya it is a little ratty looking.
no i am not being nice...the maushaus looked like that, actually she looked worse---and talk about ratty, she had rats living inside her!!!!!

i love your new car because she reminds me of those first few days with the maushaus...

peace, kelly
"Mice used to live in it...now I drive it"
87 Cabriolet
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

I went to the yard today and scored 3 heater valves... I know I am a glutten, but they all pass a wee bit of air when shut...

But I decided to get froggy and take the dash apart to find the scorn of my heater don't blow out the front.....

Last night when driving home from work I noticed that the front vents did blow air...when I slightly decelerated.....interesting varible defrosters as there was frost on the Kudzu this morning.

Using my mighty vac, I can pull a vac from the engine and have it hold, so that told me that there is still a leak, i broke the balls off and the leak is somewhere in the dash. So that is why I am taking out the dash. I think I have already found the problem the hose from the feed through to the distributer..... well taking the Distributor out is a pain, the screw holding the thermal switch dropped behind the heater box... and the a/c control unit is broken, that is why I wasn't getting any heat out... but I will change the valve anyway.

Ran it by the body shop and the dent and door repair and repaint and a couple of touchups 996. why not just a grand. shit. I will take it to macco for the 595 supreme paint....

So tomorrow I will finish taking the dash apart to kill the airbag lights, and repair the a/c control unit....
Then install the condensor, and charge the a/c I may even put the projector bulbs in it.. Blue lights from a blue cabby... Neat............

I also aquired another water temp gauge from a Jetta, so I will have to see if it is still the gauge or a wire between them... I also have to tighten up the a/c waterpump belt.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Well I got the new a/c condensor mounted, and new o-rings installed. I painted the Radiator fan (gold) I washed and waxed the Radiator Fan Shroud.

The I tore in to the dash to find my two problem, bad hoses connecting the Dist to the feed through, and then the foot well servos were backwards.

The a/c plate was broke, a little JB weld and all is well and it is missing the cam for the a/c thermal switch that runs to the evaporator.

Repaired the dash and found a non-intrusive way to eliminate the air bag led's
pin 8 of t-14 (the main connector) cut it, and the little white connector on the right of the speedo clip the red wire that is t62 pin 2.

Replaced the feed through hoses now I have center vents on demand... and gee foot well vents too.

Charged the a/c and it works good will work better after I get the flipping cam.....

That is about all, I changed out the head lights for some projectors that I had, and I am totally disgusted with them, I will purchase a set of silverstars tomorrow.

Since the heater selector is now functional the rabbit will burn your ass outta there with the top up.

Finished adjusting the door... seals really good, and tight.
Briano