this is Sydney

OEM+ & Mild to Wild builds go here.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

bmwvwguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

this is Sydney

Post by bmwvwguy »

yes Sydney is spelled differently than normal. but shes not a normal cab either. this is where i will be doing my build on her. this is my intro thread with all the pics of my little Syd. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3509

i hope you all will enjoy it.

as of today, 3/26/2019, i have fixed the broken shifter, installed the new headlight switch (not an easy one to find BTW), new (junkyard) door handles, and cleaned up the cluster. hopefully with the cluster clean i can get the tach working. i will also be rewiring my stereo speakers so hopefully they will all work. rears currently are not working so if rewiring doesn't fix it, out with the Kenwood and in with another Kenwood or Pioneer. i am also going through my engine wiring to figure out a few other issues that i have under there. once im done ill post some other pics from today.
bmwvwguy

Re: this is Sydney

Post by bmwvwguy »

damn cali cars. figured out the tach issue. gotta solder the lead to teh coil. yay. but i know the tach now works.
bmwvwguy

Post by bmwvwguy »

tach is fixed, and teh power steering is fixed. now to deal with the top issue and im still looking for heater controls. yay......
bmwvwguy

Post by bmwvwguy »

installed my new heater controls and started putting the interior back together. it wont be totally complete as i need to find some new seats, door panels, and clean the carpets but it will at least be driveable. now the fun job of pulling studs out of my winter tires so i can drive this bucket next week.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

bmwvwguy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:21 pm installed my new heater controls and started putting the interior back together. it wont be totally complete as i need to find some new seats, door panels, and clean the carpets but it will at least be driveable. now the fun job of pulling studs out of my winter tires so i can drive this bucket next week.
I can remember doing that in 1975 to my 72 Rover 3500s as studded tires were no longer to be used in Illinois. I can remember the Drive to pick it up I brought along 2 tires so that I could have them changed in Indiana prior to us entering Illinois as the Studded tires weren't allowed after March 1st.... and the studded tires only had about 300 miles on them...
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
bmwvwguy

Post by bmwvwguy »

yup. thats why i did it. didnt want to but i cant afford the tires for the 16s yet so i got to pull studs. oh well it is iwhat it is. now to fix the master since its on its way out. lost all brakes last week. not a fun thing.
bmwvwguy

Post by bmwvwguy »

I just bought my engine swap for the cab. 1999 cabrio. ABA and 020 5spd. This is gonna be fun! Also upgrading to 10.1s, adding cruise, updating the AC, and IF I can, adding in heated seats. Unfortunately it doesnt have rear disks but thats easy to figure out. Mk2, Rocco, B3, B4 and mk3s have em so easy to grab.
bmwvwguy

Post by bmwvwguy »

its been almost a year and i FINALLY got to pulling the 2H out. but it will be used in my 90 Jetta. work has been crushing but i am making things work. so yeah work has been done.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

progress is better than regress... :)
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: