New here

New to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself so we can all welcome you to the mad house.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

BBatz
What year is your cabby?: 1983
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

New here

Post by BBatz »

Hey all,
New to the forum, new to VW. We've got an '83 Rabbit convertible that was my mother in law's car, handed down to my wife. Triple white, nice looking little car. It's been sitting for about 10 years and I'd love to get it up to snuff. I'm here to snoop around and learn everything I can. I'm not super experienced working on cars but would love to use this as an opportunity to learn. All pointers welcome.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992

Re: New here

Post by Briano1234 »

Welcome to the friendliest Forum.
We Like to see pictures, so may I suggest that you open a photo hosting account at IMGUR.
Once the account is opened you can upload your photos there. You can do it all or create separate albums.
Once you start scrolling at the photos in the upper part of each photo if you hover you can get Share links.
Copy the BB linked items directly in to your thread.

I don't know much about the early CIS or Carbed engines, I do know the mk1 Frame and things rather well.
If you can get a Bentley manual for your car, as there is a difference between the Rabbit Vert, and a regular rabbit of the same year, as the Rabbit Vert
was built in Germany from the wheels up and imported here, so it isn't a "Westy Rabbit" at all, and all Verts Cabriolets or Rabbits were made at the Karmann Coach Werks in Germany....(they aren't Karmann editions).
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992

Post by Briano1234 »

Oh, and get to know www.cabby-info.com All my how do I do thats are here in the forum somewhere.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
BBatz
What year is your cabby?: 1983

Post by BBatz »

Awesome. I've gotten lost on cabby-info already, love it. Thanks for the IMGUR idea too, I'll have to get one set up.