New Guy from Canada

New to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself so we can all welcome you to the mad house.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

MrPapageorgio
What year is your cabby?: 1988
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

New Guy from Canada

Post by MrPapageorgio »

Bought this 88 Cabriolet as a B Day gift to Myself back in March.... 1st time VW owner

When I bought it

Did the motor mounts...Installed new front speakers.... still had the original 1988 magnets in the doors(cones had disinegrated) and of course new wires had to be run as the old ones were broken in a few places... So a 1/2 hour job turned into a 2 hour job

Also swapped in some new plug leads... runs much better (the PO had the wrong ones on it)

Bought some Centerline wheels with almost new tires for $200.... Sold the Snowflakes and shot tires for $150...

Polished them up (2hrs work for all 4)

Sorted a rough running cold start issue... A disconnected vacuum line running into the drivers fender... Reconnected and runs way smoother... Also cleaned out the rain tray and "stitched" the plastic cover back into one piece... Musta been 1/2 a pound of crap in each side... used a stick to clear the rubber drains as they were packed solid... Added a "billet" gas cap too

Added a fairly rare KAMEI "Hood Scoop" .... Found it on eBay.de..... Need to find a colour match paint...

New horn button.... the old ford one just didn't do

Did the front rotors and pads as the old ones we're shot (rotors we're heat cracked and OE)
Replaced the antenna with a stock one... Much better reception

Changed out the stock crappy dash lights for blue LED's

Just finished a road trip accross Canada.... Vancouver to Toronto.... 4602 km's.... in less than 60hrs.... And thats after losing 5th gear about 1/2 way

Whatcha think??
Triple Blue 88 Cabriolet
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: New Guy from Canada

Post by Briano1234 »

Welcome to the most personable Cabriolet site on the interweb.

Nice .
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: New Guy from Canada

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Another person from The Great White North. Actually the rainy coast.

Welcome to TRF.

Too bad we are only meeting you now. You could have made a pit stop here in Calgary on your tour east. Next time :D .

Love your car. Looks great!
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image