Bug-A-Paluza 13

Have a show or other VW related event, Announce it here.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Re: Bug-A-Paluza 13

Post by kuklaki »

Brian, we have no plans for showing this year-just relaxing with friends. Please try and make it out, it's the only time of year we can all get together and chit chat. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will join us.
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

I also now have it on good authority that a certain South of the Border member will be joining us this year. He will also be Sans cabby I think.

It looks like the Theme for this years TRF invades BAP theme is : Frankie says RELAX.

Which works for me. Dunno if BAP is going to know what the hell to do without the cabby invasion. :mrgreen:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
bLac K aBriOleT89

Post by bLac K aBriOleT89 »

Calimus wrote: There is rumored to be a possible appearance by a a stranger named Juan this year.
Mmmm who would THAT be??? Juan Valdez?? :lol:

Yeah, time to relax and keep the grill going all day! Cabbies are on STRIKE!!!
1989 Graphite Black Metallic Cabriolet

2005 BMW X3 3.0i - Sapphire Black Metallic

2002 BMW M3 - Steel Gray-Coupe, 6 sp
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

bLac K aBriOleT89 wrote:
Calimus wrote: There is rumored to be a possible appearance by a a stranger named Juan this year.

Na, the cabbies aren't all on strike, but my body is....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
bLac K aBriOleT89

Briano1234 wrote:
bLac K aBriOleT89 wrote:

Na, the cabbies aren't all on strike, but my body is....

Brian, if you show, I can help you out on the detail department. Promise not to touch the golden balls! Lol

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Thanks for the offer, but it looks as if I will be going into the Hospital for some tests / work the week before the show... Now it is dubious if I will be attending at all....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Keep me n the loop Brian. If ya need anything let me know. That includes a ride to BAP if the drive is against Dr. Orders.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
eric4321
What year is your cabby?: 1993

Post by eric4321 »

Well it looks like I will be able to make it after all. I just got the time off from work aproved, the Cabby registered and hotel reservatons. Only one minor detail I need to work out now... The cylinder head is still off the Cabby and my stock exhaust manifold is cracked. I should have time to get the car back together but I am going to be down to the wire on fixing the car. Last year the fuel pumps qave up just before BAP so I think my Cabby just likes to throw fits about going to the show :-o
My Rabbit Rescue and Recovery Ranch
93 Cabriolet red. 5 speed
81 Rabbit 4 door auto bronze (project)
77 Rabbit 4 dr 4spd diesel
(Project next in line)
1987 Cabriolet parts car(may one day bring her back)
1993 Suburban green(used for Rabbit rescue)
ammoz

Post by ammoz »

I'll be there! I'm looking forward to meeting some of y'all! I won't be driving my cabby due to a radiator leak that I can NOT figure out and I haven't ever driven her more that 45 miles at a time and this will be a 4 hour road trip. I'm excited to see other cabbys and get ideas for mine.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Eric, hope to see you there and this time I will have some TRF sticker (I finally found the damn things) Naturally I tucked them away for safe keeping. I tore the garage, basement, upstairs all apart and found them in the last damn place I checked (the trunk of the damn cabby).

Ammoz - we won't be showing anything this year (job change has killed us financially so repairs are on hold) so I can't tell you to look for the cabby. However, we are camping and as such, just find the Silver Audi A6 with 19" factory wheels (shouldn't be many of these around) in the camping area and you will find us. We will have a few tents & Ez-Up's so we should be fairly easy to spot (one of these damn years I'll remember tp get a banner made :banghead: ). Just walk up and ask for the topless rabbit group.

Oh yea, "damn" has been my word for the day, sorry for the over usage. I worked on a co-workers Prius today and for some reason, I just kept repeating that word every time I tried to do something on that car. :screwy:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
bLac K aBriOleT89

eric4321 wrote:Well it looks like I will be able to make it after all. I just got the time off from work aproved, the Cabby registered and hotel reservatons. Only one minor detail I need to work out now... The cylinder head is still off the Cabby and my stock exhaust manifold is cracked. I should have time to get the car back together but I am going to be down to the wire on fixing the car. Last year the fuel pumps qave up just before BAP so I think my Cabby just likes to throw fits about going to the show :-o
Looking forward to meet you. BTW what do you mean with "hotel reservations" :lol:

bLac K aBriOleT89

ammoz wrote:I'll be there! I'm looking forward to meeting some of y'all! I won't be driving my cabby due to a radiator leak that I can NOT figure out and I haven't ever driven her more that 45 miles at a time and this will be a 4 hour road trip. I'm excited to see other cabbys and get ideas for mine.
Most of us are not showing this year, I'm just going to be with all my TRF friends. I have a 6-hour drive. Where are you coming from?

Hey William, good you found the stickers! Mine is still on the back window but just started missing some parts...it sure needs a new one!

Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

No problem Juan. I'll have all the stickers that are left with me. There are quite a few, but I think colors are pretty limited now.

Really looking forward to just relaxing for a weekend. No dusting the pollen off, no worrying about rain spots or finger prints. An Juan, between you and I with the big haulers, I think we could cart everyone off to dinner at once if we end up doing that. I know I can haul 5 in the car an possibly 2-3 more in my trunk, lol.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
bLac K aBriOleT89

Sounds good William. What time you guys planning on leaving there? I'm planning on heading out at about 8am, and make a lunch stop at Five Guys in Nashvegas, probably making it to Camp Jordan early afternoon. Have you heard from Nick?

If we go out for dinner I can fit 5 total on mine, Andres is excited but he is sure missing the fact that we are not showing, but he's looking forward on the trip.

Oh and tell Christine that I have the coffee department covered. (But always taking some instant as a back up.) :)

Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Due to my very cool new job, I'm taking Friday off (which only costs me 4hrs of vacay time) and we will be heading out early Friday morning. If I can get the slow-bug outta Cristine's ass quick enough, I think we can make Camp Jordan around 11am-noon. Want to get there very early and get a nice camping spot. We found a nice little hill in the field last year which really helped when we got some rain. I'd like to snag that spot again and some potential Friday night/Saturday showers are in the forecast.

Nick will be there. He's bringing his rail-buggy and it showing it this year. I think he's the only one showing this year actually. I also think Orin will be down from Indiana and he might be showing as well, but he's also really big on the relax and take it easy band wagon.

Good deal on the coffee. We have a really nice kitchen setup that we will be bringing. We had it last year and it worked out great.

On a side note, since we will have so much time on our hands, we might have to find somewhere to line up the Beemer and the A6 and have a go, lol. Just for giggles :lol: . I know that BMW can move when it wants to.

Over all, looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great time. I bet Andres is getting tall, can't wait to see how he's doing and can't wait to hear how Danny is doing as well.

Here's a little blast from the past

16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C