Bug-A-Paluza 12

Have a show or other VW related event, Announce it here.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

vw_nick
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Bug-A-Paluza 12

Post by vw_nick »

yeah, there is probably slightly less cargo room in the back of the pilot w/ the 3rd seat up than in a cabriolet. For reference, You could probably fit a bass box for 3 or 4 10" woofers side by side w/ 1cu. foot volume each back there. (long, & shallow, though deeper at the bottom than at the top)
Nick
vw_nick

Post by vw_nick »

I may or may not have been detailing the Jetta for the last 5 hours. :wink:

(save us a spot for the mammoth tent on Friday, we'll be in late)
Nick
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

Nick, consider a spot saved, I am so glad you and the family will be making it out.

Eric, i hope you are able to sort out your fuel pump woes...You and your family are more than welcome to join us at our tent city. unfortuantely you will not be able to spot us by looking for the Crabby Cabby. We will keep our eyes peeled for the Cabriolet and we will be in a black turbo S new beetle and bluish-greenish MKIV Jetta.

Oran from Vortex is coming as well. :)
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
eric4321
What year is your cabby?: 1993

Post by eric4321 »

Well I just got the final piece for the fuel pump issues today. I picked up the o ring for the sending unit tonight. Got that installed and both pumps and filter. Oh yeah I also raplaced some bad fuel line too. Well she runs better than ever now. The final piece should hopefully come together in the morning when I go get 4 tires and alingnment. I will be leaving for BAP about as soon as the car backs off the alignment rack. I will probably be trying to do the final cleaning when we get their. My cabby is red with white int/top. She has teardrop wheels. Well I hope everyone has a safe trip and be carefull driving.
My Rabbit Rescue and Recovery Ranch
93 Cabriolet red. 5 speed
81 Rabbit 4 door auto bronze (project)
77 Rabbit 4 dr 4spd diesel
(Project next in line)
1987 Cabriolet parts car(may one day bring her back)
1993 Suburban green(used for Rabbit rescue)
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Yep, I should be there, I have the blue cabby with the gold balls.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

BAP 12 was awesome as always. Though I would have to say it was far more low-key then it has been in years past. Music wasn't blaring all over the site, not so many contests, no hippy races, no Herbie Movies. So, a little odd, but still very enjoyable.

Met Eric, his wife and daughter. Awesome little cabby you have and it was great to meet and talk to you. Sorry we didn't drop by more, but was doing my best to keep Cristine from being on her feet too much. Though I did hear that Cristine came over and gave you the detailing tutorial. :P

We didn't take any pictures this year. We left the camera's at home, but have asked a few folks we know to send us any pics they took. So, we hope to have something.

All in all, great show. Got to see some old friends, got to make some new ones. What more can you ask for?
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
eric4321

Post by eric4321 »

This was my first VW show and my wife and daughter loved it. The play ground and chalk a bug were life savers for Emily. Christene thanks for the detailing class. Thanks to the Cabby my wife has taken up a new love for cars and VWs and she loves to help detail the Cabby now. By the end of the show I had to talk her out of buying an old 412 that needed A LOT of work. I did get parts for the 81 Rabbit 4 dr. I hope after my tax refund to get the $ to get her running. Brian sorey you were not able to make it this year I still would like to meet you and see your Cabbys. We are already making plans to be back for next year and hopefully with my 2 mk1s.
(Project next in line)
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

eric4321 wrote: Brian sorry you were not able to make it this year I still would like to meet you and see your Cabbys.
Well what can I say, typical "luck o'theIrish"

A lot of Family Drama.

On a side note, my car was cleaner than last year if that is possible.....and I finally fingered out how to make the "air" bag the same black as my dash. So next year I might be able to make it..... Seems like it is a bi-annual event for me anyways. Congrats on the win Nick.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
eric4321

Post by eric4321 »

Brian are you going to let your secret out on making the air bag as shiney as your dash?? I found a product to shine the wheel and airbag, but I don't know if I got it as shiney as the dash. Also Christene can you please post that show info you told me abot Sunday?
(Project next in line)
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

If it was for Southern Worthersee, here is the link http://www.southernworthersee.com/
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C