30 days to B_A_P

Have a show or other VW related event, Announce it here.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

lamarvw
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Re: 30 days to B_A_P

Post by lamarvw »

Hope that everyone who attended Bug-a-Paluza 10 had a great time.

My name is Lamar and I am a member of the Scenic City Volks Folks. My wife and I work the show doing registrations for cars, vendors, and campers. We had a great show this year. There were 255 show cars registered, the most we have had at the show so far. Don't have a count yet on vendors and campers, but there were plenty. The weather was great, except for some rain over Friday night which did not hinder us at all.

A friend and fellow club member directed to your site after I purchased a rabbit convertible at the show. My wife has really been wanting a convertible. Just so happened that a fellow showed up on Sunday afternoon with a silver 87 automatic. My wife can't drive a straight shift. She's so happy!!! We're going to pick it up this afternoon.

Anyway, look forward to getting some of ya'll's expert advice on repairing and maintaining our first Rabbit.
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Forst things first.

Welcome to TRF. You will find we are a happy bunch here.

I'm glad that your show went well, too bad I couldn't make it (it's a little far from these northern climates). I'm also glad you had good weather, it sure beats the snow we had here on the week end. It caused me to delay brining my car out for the summer.

Since our fearless leader and the other usual suspects all live in the south east, I know they were there for the week end, hopefully you tripped over them at one point.

Finally before the picture police chme in we all like to see what the others drive so please post a pic. of your car.

BTW. My '87 is silver too. (the best colour I think).
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

LittleMiss wrote:Congratulations to Cristine, Nick and Juan for SWEEPING the Cabrio/Cabriolet class at BAP this weekend! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I see we have a new member!

LittleMiss, please tell us about yourself. and (before Kammy chimes in) show us a pic of your car.

Welcome to TRF
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Briano1234 wrote:
LittleMiss wrote:Congratulations to Cristine, Nick and Juan for SWEEPING the Cabrio/Cabriolet class at BAP this weekend! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well, that does say it all,.............It was rigged, It was rigged........................................................ :)

Sorry I missed it...........................Dam sorry........
OK Brian, this sounds like a repeat of last year. But I thought you couldn't make it?
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Here is where Kammy's a favorite icon would com in:

Pictures of the champion cars would be nice :D

Congrats folks.
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
Oneabsolute
What year is your cabby?: 1988

Post by Oneabsolute »

Glad to see that you found it Lamar.

As always it was great to get to talk to you guys. I wish it could have been more but helping judge, there were 8 of us judging, 255 cars was time consuming and exhausting. I've got some pictures of probably about a third of the cars. I'll post mine up once Kim puts the pictures on the computer.

Here are some pictures from the gallery at our Scenic City Volks Folks site:
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
LittleMiss
What year is your cabby?: 1999

Post by LittleMiss »

Thank you for the welcome... I had been ordered over the weekend to make my debut on here in the immediate future. :D (I was just going to do it formally when I had more than a minute at work.)

My name is Megan... I am William's/Calimus' baby sister, which means I was destined to end up here at some point. :D I puchased my '99 Cabrio GLS back in September and am still getting accustomed to driving a manual. The only pic I have so far is from over the weekend at BAP 10...

She's nothing fancy yet... but I love her color. And after hanging around my brother and his wife, I'm determined to step up my game (find a better paying job) and start putting effort into making her stand out at the shows. She still doesn't have a name yet, though...
Attachments
B.A.P. 10
B.A.P. 10
99 Cabrio GLS.jpg (57.46 KiB) Viewed 9136 times
1999 Cabrio GLS - My First VW
*~<Work In Progress>~*
Current/Upcoming Projects:
-Camber Bolts
-New Clutch
-Convertible Motor INOP
Oneabsolute
What year is your cabby?: 1988

Post by Oneabsolute »

LittleMiss wrote:Thank you for the welcome... I had been ordered over the weekend to make my debut on here in the immediate future. :D (I was just going to do it formally when I had more than a minute at work.)

My name is Megan... I am William's/Calimus' baby sister, which means I was destined to end up here at some point. :D I puchased my '99 Cabrio GLS back in September and am still getting accustomed to driving a manual. The only pic I have so far is from over the weekend at BAP 10...

She's nothing fancy yet... but I love her color. And after hanging around my brother and his wife, I'm determined to step up my game (find a better paying job) and start putting effort into making her stand out at the shows. She still doesn't have a name yet, though...
Hey, I'm in that picture :D, in the blue Chelsea FC jersey.
I loved that color of your Cabrio. Is that color Batik Blue?
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
LittleMiss
What year is your cabby?: 1999

Post by LittleMiss »

Oneabsolute wrote:Hey, I'm in that picture :D, in the blue Chelsea FC jersey.
I loved that color of your Cabrio. Is that color Batik Blue?
:D

I'll be honest, I don't know what the color is technically called. I'm quite stupid coming into all of this... which I'm sure will be corrected between my brother and sister-in-law. :mrgreen: But I'm definitely wanting the knowledge.
BAP 10 was my first show, and I really didn't plan on registering my little girl since she's so young and all... I knew even if I had her sparkling she wouldn't stand a chance against the vets. lol But I figured I'd join the Snyder Family Force and put her in. She was one of only 2 Cabrio's that I saw there... the other being Chris Barnes' (sp) '95 in front of the stage.
1999 Cabrio GLS - My First VW
*~<Work In Progress>~*
Current/Upcoming Projects:
-Camber Bolts
-New Clutch
-Convertible Motor INOP
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

Meggie is too modest. Once she started wiping down her Cabrio, it sparkled quite nicely. the lil Cabio was just waiting to shine!! Meg, there were three Cabrio's.

Oh, and before I forget-THANK YOU TO SCENIC CITY VOLKSFOLKS for putting on such a fantastic show. William and I have only missed the very first show and every year it gets bigger and better!! I know all of you work very hard, and the fact that it is all for charity makes all of you heroes in my eyes.

I'll keep showing up and bring as many people as I can as long as you guys have a show. I've met a lot of great people thanks to you guys as well. I appreciate everything you do!!

As far as that silver Cabriolet-it was a good runner...congrats on your purchase, Lamar. I hope it brings you far more smiles than tears. If you need any info, please feel free to ask.

we did take pics but I need to convert them first from their current format. I'll post them when they are ready.
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
bLac K aBriOleT89

Post by bLac K aBriOleT89 »

"Sweeping"! :lol: Thank you! Was good to meet you and your future husband! I hope you enjoyed the show as much as we did! Your Cabrio looked nice and it's a VERY nice "first VW"!

Pics coming when I get back home, I was home about 10:30 last night and too tired to do downloading and posting! :P
1989 Graphite Black Metallic Cabriolet

2005 BMW X3 3.0i - Sapphire Black Metallic

2002 BMW M3 - Steel Gray-Coupe, 6 sp
bLac K aBriOleT89

kuklaki wrote:-THANK YOU TO SCENIC CITY VOLKSFOLKS for putting on such a fantastic show. William and I have only missed the very first show and every year it gets bigger and better!! I know all of you work very hard, and the fact that it is all for charity makes all of you heroes in my eyes.

I'll keep showing up and bring as many people as I can as long as you guys have a show. I've met a lot of great people thanks to you guys as well. I appreciate everything you do!!
X10!

Eagle
What year is your cabby?: 1992

Post by Eagle »

Enjoyed the BAP10 and enjoyed meeting Cristine. Sorry I missed William and the rest of the Topless Rabbit bunch but Cristine was the only one around their car as I made my rounds. Great to meet you Cristine.

Thanks to the gang in Chattanooga, they did a good job with the show. Hope it will continue for years to come.

Hey Topless Rabbits, y'all stood tall, some great looking cars.

Screaming Eagle
Moljinar

Post by Moljinar »

I'll add my $.02 as well, it was a wonderful weekend even with th e adventure of the Friday night rain (will I get wet? Will Christine get wet? How wet can William get?)

It's already a plan to attend for next year. In fact I will be back in Chattanooga in July for something and now I know of an awesome coffeeshop. not sure how to get back to it though....

Hopefully next year I'll be able to bring Buffy. If gas prices allow for that much travel.
...Hammer of the Gods...
Buffy - '85 Cabby
Claire - '90 Jetta GL
bLac K aBriOleT89

Absolutely! Good times and friends! We had a blast as well, I was much more relaxed this year than the previous ones! I spent more time grilling than putting up with the car! lol Well...good thing I had a big help on than department!