Seat cushion replacement?

Mom always said it's what is on the inside that counts

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

weeees5
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Seat cushion replacement?

Post by weeees5 »

The car I am in the process of buying has a saggy spot on the driver's seat next to the leg area on the side. The seat cover is in great condition, but I need to replace the cushion. Any ideas as to where to shop for one?
Thanks everyone!
Attachments
00q0q_6EuyxsIa5IT_600x450.jpg
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Re: Seat cushion replacement?

Post by CalAltaDubber »

The bolster is worn out as you have noticed, and needs to be replaced.
It is nothing more than foam rubber. An upolstry shop would just trim a piece to fit.

This makes a good winter project, since the seat will need to be disassembeled to replace it.

The cover on the bottom of the seat needs to be removed, to expose the bolster. Not a hard job, but it does take time.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

CalAltaDubber wrote:The bolster is worn out as you have noticed, and needs to be replaced.
It is nothing more than foam rubber. An upholstery shop would just trim a piece to fit.

This makes a good winter project, since the seat will need to be disassembled to replace it.

The cover on the bottom of the seat needs to be removed, to expose the bolster. Not a hard job, but it does take time.
There are some heavy wire tie-downs to hold the side bolster on to the frame. until you take it apart you won't know what I am talking about.... The easiest thing is to look at the wrecking yards near you and then find a good passenger seat..... and remove the cover and the foam.... then pay for the foam only.

Then replace.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Briano1234 wrote:
CalAltaDubber wrote:The bolster is worn out as you have noticed, and needs to be replaced.
It is nothing more than foam rubber. An upholstery shop would just trim a piece to fit.

This makes a good winter project, since the seat will need to be disassembled to replace it.

There are some heavy wire tie-downs to hold the side bolster on to the frame. until you take it apart you won't know what I am talking about.... The easiest thing is to look at the wrecking yards near you and then find a good passenger seat..... and remove the cover and the foam.... then pay for the foam only.

Then replace.
That works. :D
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image