cabby door pull snap in mount

Mom always said it's what is on the inside that counts

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

jimmy3fingers
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

cabby door pull snap in mount

Post by jimmy3fingers »

89 cabby.....concerning the 3 point armrest. What is the small piece that attaches to the stud of the door pull that snaps into the armrest clip called. located on the stud at the top of the door pull and snaps into the door clip. and where to find two ? also ebay is out of the door clips and I need two .......thanks jim
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Re: cabby door pull snap in mount

Post by CalAltaDubber »

I know what you mean. They look like an M6 or M8 (I forget the size) screw that has been filed flat
As far as I know, they are part of the door pull.

Since they used the same door pull for most (if not all) model years, you can probably find a set at your favorite auto wrecker for cheap. Then just replace the whole thing.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
jimmy3fingers

Post by jimmy3fingers »

well.....no. thanks for the reply but I think we're talking about different parts. This is the plastic part on the stud of the door pull part of the armrest that locks the door pull part of the armrest when you swing it into proper position.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

You are talking about the metal finger piece that the arm rests snap in to at the top.

Plastic outer 161867197
Snap (metal) 161867199 Piece that locks the arm rest.

I usually grab them off the doors in the wrecking yard. From Jim Ellis they are NLA

I have taken them out of my doors, and then sprung the fingers back so that they would catch the arm rest, that tended to fix the one I had for a bit.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
jimmy3fingers

Post by jimmy3fingers »

ok.....thanks. You've been a big help. I've checked wrecking yards around a wide area and some parts are HARD to find let alone a wrecked cabby. I'll continue my search. I have one plastic piece on one armrest but need one more. if nothing else, I may have to make one !!! thanks jim wa7goe