seat covers

Mom always said it's what is on the inside that counts

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Steve E J
What year is your cabby?: 1988
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

seat covers

Post by Steve E J »

What do you guys think of these seat covers? http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=6 ... 513&_pgn=5

Currently I have seat covers with flowers on them and being a male, those just don't do it. (I don't mind but most of my friends think I'm weird :eek: )

I have a tomato red cabby. What color would fit the best? Blue, red, yellow, black, or gray?
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: seat covers

Post by Briano1234 »

Those while they will fit, slide over the originals and you can get them to fit and look nice, but it takes time and effort.

They are not solid vinyl, but a stretchy knit fabric on the rear and pleather on the front.

The TMI or TMT works good but are pricey, at 250 for the fronts and 150 for the rear.

What ever color floats your boat, it is your car, not mine and my opinion on looks don't matter squanto.
I rock stock.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Steve E J

Post by Steve E J »

Haha, I don't have money for those. Stock white get's dirty too easily and I have two big gaping holes in my front seats from the mice that were in it. :rolleyes:
eric4321
What year is your cabby?: 1993

Post by eric4321 »

The seat covers I bought for mine are black and red and my car is flash red. All I bought were the $30 cheapos at wally world. I have had them for over a year and have no complaints. I can easely remove them for a show and slip the back on in no time. I can get a pic for you when I get home tomorrow if you would like. I take back the no complaints the only one I have is when they sit in the sun with the top down they do get HOT but I would rather have a hot butt for a minute or two than constantly clean my white seats. Also I have a 4 year old who loves to put her feet on the seat backs and the covers help protect from that as well. My wife and I have the debate about what matches best with the red Cabby and we always end up at black.
My Rabbit Rescue and Recovery Ranch
93 Cabriolet red. 5 speed
81 Rabbit 4 door auto bronze (project)
77 Rabbit 4 dr 4spd diesel
(Project next in line)
1987 Cabriolet parts car(may one day bring her back)
1993 Suburban green(used for Rabbit rescue)
Steve E J

Post by Steve E J »

I would love to get a pic. I am leaning toward the red. But blue would be a nice contrast and I think yellow would give a nice complement to the tomato red paint job. But the gray would be a good neutral color. So I really don't know. :banghead:
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

I prefer complementary colors to contrasting colors. Therefore, red or gray. :beer:
eric4321
What year is your cabby?: 1993

Post by eric4321 »

As I promised some pics of my seat covers. Nothing fancy they just help keep my stock seats in nicer shape. And the brand is Auto Expressions.
Attachments
IMG00247.jpg
IMG00246.jpg
My Rabbit Rescue and Recovery Ranch
93 Cabriolet red. 5 speed
81 Rabbit 4 door auto bronze (project)
77 Rabbit 4 dr 4spd diesel
(Project next in line)
1987 Cabriolet parts car(may one day bring her back)
1993 Suburban green(used for Rabbit rescue)
NyceKarr

Post by NyceKarr »

what color is your interior... match that. i have a red with black trim so im ordering black with red piping ....oh and the car is white. hope that helps.
Chucknyce

'88 Cabriolet
'05 Golf TDi
Steve E J

Post by Steve E J »

I ordered them like 2 days ago and walaa-they came today. I think they look pretty nice.

gull
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by gull »

I just put some almost exactly like that in my Mercedes. The seat foam was worn out on the driver's side, so I slid a sheet of foam under the cover before snugging it down. Very comfy.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
NyceKarr

Post by NyceKarr »

thanks for the tip! my family got these for dads day for me.....i love 'em. and when the interior is all done they are gana look GREAT!

Chucknyce

'88 Cabriolet
'05 Golf TDi
Steve E J

Post by Steve E J »

I want your interior-red seats and carpet would look nice in my red car. :)

those seat covers look the same as mine but in all black.
NyceKarr

Post by NyceKarr »

they are the same....and im going to be replacing the carpet and eventually the seats as well...carpet is salvageable definately not 100% though shows wear but not bad. and the seats ,well you know the normal tears still not that bad. i love the print on them wish i could reupholster them. $$$. i think im going with a black carpet.... even been kicking around the idea of using astro turf....lol (black that is) i need my seats lower then they are im sitting just a little to high.
Chucknyce

'88 Cabriolet
'05 Golf TDi
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

NyceKarr wrote:they are the same....and im going to be replacing the carpet and eventually the seats as well...carpet is salvageable definately not 100% though shows wear but not bad. and the seats ,well you know the normal tears still not that bad. i love the print on them wish i could reupholster them. $$$. i think im going with a black carpet.... even been kicking around the idea of using astro turf....lol (black that is) i need my seats lower then they are im sitting just a little to high.
Find a wolfsburg edition, the seat usually have "butt" adjusters that lower the back of the bottom of the seat.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
NyceKarr

Post by NyceKarr »

slim pickins around these here parts....so far found one 90-91 i think at a junk yard. been taking the gaskets and what not cause it rains HARD down here in fl. got a backseat full of water 3 times now while parked. but stopped it for now ( unfortunatly with weather stripping) but hey the car is dry. ive got lots of work ahead of me. at least i been able to cruise around now though. tranny shifts through all gears...still a tiny bit hesitant to get into third but not bad at all. thanks to briano! and a filter/fluid change and cleaning.
Chucknyce

'88 Cabriolet
'05 Golf TDi