Alignment gauge

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Alignment gauge

Post by Briano1234 »

Well, my son Lazyboy and I decided to set the camber on the Van...Little did I know tha tit would totally screw up the alignment of the wheels so bad it was almost undrivable.

Well I got out my two trust laser levels (magnetic) and used them to align the front to the rear.

Now came the fun part...I got to use my Harbor Freight Alignment gauge (12.99 special) and it worked surprizingly well. I got the front dialed in to 1/16 inch toe in. It was totally out of wack.....

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=30167

Drove the van around the block, locked up the brakes and it drove straight as an arrow.

Had the wife drive it in the mosoon that we had yesterday, and she was really really happy. (She drove it after we set the camber scared the bejeezers outta her)

I will take it to the alignment shop (not BIGTEN) and have it checked again...

Yeeeeee haw.

So don't be afraid to replace front end parts, just have the gauge handy, and before you change a strut take a level and check the bubble on the tire, and then the rotor before and set it there after changing...
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: