first post

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

-vertigo-

first post

Post by -vertigo- »

i was invited here by Kuklaki, mostly i think because she felt sorry for me ;) hopefully i can be useful. it certinaly seems less stale here than on other forums.

my car is a 1.8 8vT (about to have an ABA bottom end) plus lot's of other little things that add up.
Last edited by -vertigo- on Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
(no longer a registered user)
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Re: first post

Post by kuklaki »

-vertigo- wrote:i was invited here by Kuklaki, mosttly i think because she felt sorry for me ;) hopefully i can be useful. it certinaly seems less stale here than other forums.

my car is a 1.8 8vT, abouot to have an ABA bottom end... plus lot's of other little things that add up.
LOL! Feel sorry for you? No way! Just hate to see a Cabby bretheren get down-and you are certainly an asset-I'm glad you came by, hope to see you here more often!!!
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by 1lowcab »

welcome to the forums!!! i'm a down and out cabby owner too :D
1.8 8VT...sweet! thats what i want. post up the specs and what you'v done to the motor, i need some good info for mine.
If you can't beat them, drop the top and pimp by 'em!

85 Mercedes 500SEL grey market euro
Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
-vertigo-

Post by -vertigo- »

home for burned-out cabby owners, is it?

what can i tell you about the car? um...

>T3 super 60 set at 10psi, custom downpipe feeding a 2.25" eurosport exhaust
>Volvo CIS fuelling, with an audi WUR and 5th injector that sprays @ 10psi
>Steve Langford control box
>Volvo intercooler
>MSD boost retard (timing is 6* advanced then the MSD pulls out 2* per pound of boost)
>rebuilt 1.8 JH head with G60 cam, ARP studs, W6DC plugs (colder than stock), some nice blue plug wires, and a bunch of blue silicone vacuum hoses
>an ABA 2.0 bottom end will be going in soon. i have an OBD1 block ready, and the oil squirters and bigger oil pump should help keep it reliable. i hope... :shock:
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

NICE!!!! is it pretty quick? ever have it on a dyno?
this summer when i'm back on my feet i'm going to start collecting parts for a setup like that, so i'll prolly have LOTS of questions for you by then!

Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
-vertigo-

Post by -vertigo- »

it's fairly rapid, yes. i've not dynoed it, or had it on the track to check the figures, but in the real world there's not much that will touch it. i'm careful in 1st as i prefer to load up the drive train gently, rather than shock it, even so i've nailed a bunch of very expesive equipment. Infiniti FX45 and G35, several bimmers, R32s, WRX... i did lose to an STi, but i don't think that's anything to be ashamed of.

i have made some mistakes along the way, so if i can help you then please do send questions my way.
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

no, it's not bad losing to an STI, they are very fast cars. but it sure would be fun to beat up on a base WRX! :D

Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol