Update on the wifes cabby

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

PDX Cabby
The Living Bentley Manual
What year is your cabby?: 1985
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by PDX Cabby »

was just going to mention its not gonna work
but she beat me to it

with the 4k, the flanges can be swapped, so no problem. Pop out the center cap, remove circlip and pull out. Bently covers it well and you'll want a gear puller...
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Gear puller, you mean I can just smack the hell outta it with a dead blow hammer? Or just really lean my fat arse into it?

Naw, I know what your saying. Man that sucks. Ok, add the gear puller to the list of tools that I need to pickup. Glad to know it's a circle clip back behind it. However, will I need to replace any seals on the new tranny when I do this? They were all just replaced about a year ago (when the PO had it rebuilt) so I'd hate to have to replace somethng already before it even makes it's way into the car where the wife can beat on it.

Welp, i'll do whatever I need to do. I have to have this car on the road in time for the Bug-a-palooza show in April. Shouldn't be a difficult goal to reach, but then, this damn car has fought me every damn inch of the way. It's been over a year since we got the damn thing and it's yet to be on the road for a solid 6 months. I've almost worked on every inch of the car by now. This damn thing better run for 2 years with no issues once I finish with it. :evil:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C