Forgotten pet peeve

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Forgotten pet peeve

Post by sixsracing »

In light of Calimus/Kuklaki's trans. problem I hate to complain, but I just experienced another of my pet peeves. Wrong parts. I broke an emergency brake cable Friday when I got to work, no big deal, go down to my old shop and pick one up. I got home on Saturday after a couple of rounds of disc golf (awesome new course) and dismantle the Cabby. No matter how many times I shove the forward section of cable up through the hole towards the e-brake handle I can't see the cable. Take the cable out and compare to the old one. Found the problem! Look at the package, bingo, a 191 prefix. 85 on Golf/Jetta. I can't leave the car apart and on the lift because I have customers cars stacked up in the driveway to fix. Re-assemble the car without fixing it and proceed to install a Volvo 240 exhaust and an oil change on my Vanagon. Nothing ticks me off more than putting something back together without fixing the defect. Hope everyone else had a better Saturday.
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

I know how you feel. We have received the wrong part several times, mostly ones ordered from the stealership. I dont know what is worse-being disappointed after looking forward to the problem getting fixed, or having to make that 45 miles trip (one way) to return the wrong part. :evil:
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)