Cabriolet 1992 door seals and gaskets

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Rrjagger
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Cabriolet 1992 door seals and gaskets

Post by Rrjagger »

Does anyone know where to find new door seals and gaskets for the Cabriolet 1992 (without going to a dealership)?

-Ron Jagger (getting wet on the seat and floorboards when it rains)
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

you use to be able to get them from rocky mountain motor works but i think all they deal in now is air cooled stuff. good luck in your hunt, let us know what you find.
If you can't beat them, drop the top and pimp by 'em!

85 Mercedes 500SEL grey market euro
Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

These a a little hard to find. Your best best is to look for someone parting out a Cabby who might have some in good condition.

I'll have my hubby check my old Cabby to see if they are still there and if they were not desroyed when he stripped the car, if you are interested in used. They did not leak when she was on the road.

edit: sorry, apparently they were ruined when they were remoed from the cabby. Check out the vw classified section or the Cabriolet section on vwvortex.com, there are always a couple totalled cars being parted out.
Good luck!
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
bubster007

Post by bubster007 »

I was certain that my seals above the door windows were leaking but it was my top. The top looked fine but it was pourus. The pad filled up with water and that was the only way the pad could let the excess water out. Right above the seats. This is common to Cabbys and we call it the "Wet Knee Club". I saw one guy that had little buckets on each door. Hey, no joke. It worked until he could afford a new top.
92 Cabby Triple White...de Bubster
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

Say,

have you tried to adjust the j hooks to pull down tighter on the latches? or you can also adjust the height of the window... it could be a little low. if top is fine, and hooks are cool, and windows are level.. you can contact this guy stevelangford. He makes a dripguard...works really good! http://www.signsandgraphics.com/stevela ... gford.html

or email him at stevelangford@usa.net

He is from here in Corpus Christi Texas.. this guy makes all kinds of cool stuff. check out his site, i dont think this site has the drip guards on it, but contact him by email and he should be able to get you details.. they are a really cheap fix, if you are getting wet up towards the front corners of the top. if you cant get him, let me know, I can call him.
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

Yea, Steve is the man. We have his hood lifts on the cabby and we have a set of the drip guards to install, but we are going to hold off till we replace the top.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991

Post by sixsracing »

You mean you can fix the wet knee syndrome? All this time I've just been dealing with it. Maybe when I put the new top on this summer it will miraculously heal itself.
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
theonlychuck

Post by theonlychuck »

You mean you can fix the wet knee syndrome? All this time I've just been dealing with it. Maybe when I put the new top on this summer it will miraculously heal itself.
yeah, i had the same problem (thinking it was the rubber piece above my window), and when i replaced my top, poof it was gone. made me happy =]
-=(chuck)=-
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991

Post by sixsracing »

I'm going to try a trick I read someplace else about adjusting the window so that it will go up further also. I was checking out and cleaning my trunk last night and I realized the hole I have in the right rear of the top was allowing water into the trunk. Errrrrrrr!
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

http://www.faroutparts.com/seals/ They are starting to get the Cabriolet seals in. Last I looked they had some not all.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

sixsracing wrote:I'm going to try a trick I read someplace else about adjusting the window so that it will go up further also. I was checking out and cleaning my trunk last night and I realized the hole I have in the right rear of the top was allowing water into the trunk. Errrrrrrr!
Have you tried to adjust the windows yet?? I think you can raise the windows up a bit for alignment,,, think it takes a special oval shaped tool or something... thats what Im told. Let me know if it works.
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"