Not a Cabby

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Not a Cabby

Post by sixsracing »

Bought a 94 Jetta last night, teal green/blue, 4 door, 4 cyl., 5 spd. Not a bad car, no body damage to speak of. Guy wanted $600.00, wife talked him down to $540.00. Got home about 8:30pm and went right to work, needs both left calipers, all 4 rotors and pads, center muff., rear muff., both motor mounts, v/c gasket and tune up. I got all that stuff off last night so all I gotta do is clean and reassemble. Originally looked at the car for my oldest daughter but looks like the wife is gonna claim it. I'll get some pics over the weekend but it's just plain jane, nothing to look at.
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
PDX Cabby
The Living Bentley Manual
What year is your cabby?: 1985

Post by PDX Cabby »

damn
thats a hell of a steal for a 10yo car
how many miles?
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy

Post by sixsracing »

The odometer says 283,000+, but I tore the thing apart last night and found some things that just don't add up. The right front axle is genuine VW as well as the center muffler, how many cars in the Northeast with that many miles and that many years can say that? The front end doesn't make a sound and the rear shocks are original and don't leak. The interior is mint, no rip, tear or wear spot in the seats or the rug. The title says 279,000+ and the guy owned it for two years. 4,000 miles in two years? I don't know the whole story, it is rather a mystery. Oh yeah, the engine compartment isn't all oily and nasty either.
98 Beetle, red
Cogito Ergo Zoom
PDX Cabby
The Living Bentley Manual
What year is your cabby?: 1985

Post by PDX Cabby »

whoa
yeah
thats kinda interesting...
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

Original owner may very well have taken good care of it while racking up the miles like a mofo. May have just been used for long trips and then tucked into a garage untill it's services were no longer needed. It's anyone's guess really.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy

Post by sixsracing »

That is correct, really doesn't matter now. I just gotta get it right and keep it there. Still a good deal no matter what. I'll be working on it all weekend I'm sure, wife is pretty hot to drive it. She already has it registered and insured.
98 Beetle, red
Cogito Ergo Zoom
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy

Post by sixsracing »

Jetta is all done except for motor mounts and horns. Came out nice but I think the wife is gonna give it to my daughter after all, too bad cause I don't think it will last long in her hands.
98 Beetle, red
Cogito Ergo Zoom