Those VW gremlins?

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Those VW gremlins?

Post by kuklaki »

Okay, i am used to my cars just deciding on a whim to break for no good reason, but have any of you just had your car fix itself out of the blue?

I thought this was rather funny since it is the first time anything like this has happened to me, but my car has been running like absolute crap. Cold start problem, took way too long to warm up without stalling out, and recently she just decided she would choke while driving-I was getting serious hesitation as if she were not getting good fuel.

While heading up to the show in TN last weekend, she just started running beautifully halfway through the trip. In fact, she has been running great since. I figure there was some crap in the fuel lines or something that just finally got cleared out.

Now it would be great if she would fix all of the other problems by herself :D
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
PDX Cabby
The Living Bentley Manual
What year is your cabby?: 1985
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by PDX Cabby »

hehe, sounds like you figured out the problem..

haven't had much of anything fix itself... other than the clock i think. The digital clock in my cluster didn't work for the first few months i had the cabby. Drove it hard up a hill chasing down an Audi A4 and it just clicked on.
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...