1984 Convertable CIS Bosch K-Jetronic

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

SANANNRITTER
What year is your cabby?: 1984
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

1984 Convertable CIS Bosch K-Jetronic

Post by SANANNRITTER »

I have one of these. The plunger was stuck (thanks for the tip Brian) but was unable to free it without taking the entire diaphragm apart. I noticed several o-rings but there is a metal diaphragm that is sandwiched between the top and bottom of the fuel distributor housing. I cleaned it real good and replaced the o-rings but where the top and bottom meet, it is leaking fuel slightly. I did not notice any o-rings that sealed each compartment where the fuel is directed to the cylinders. the diaphragm is very thin but there does not seem to be any gasket between this part and the upper and lower housing. Is there any trick? can i use fuel resistent gasket material? Confused. Thanks.

Cary Ritter
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: 1984 Convertable CIS Bosch K-Jetronic

Post by Briano1234 »

I don't know, I am not very CIS savy, I am CISically Challenged...
I don't think or remember folks talking about a seal at the air plate.... I do know they say to use a magnet to move it as it is fragile, and can be bent or warped if using a pry tool.

Www.Cabby-info.com will probably have more information on it.
as well as http://reflectionsandshadows.com/a1-tech/
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
SANANNRITTER
What year is your cabby?: 1984
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: 1984 Convertable CIS Bosch K-Jetronic

Post by SANANNRITTER »

the good thing is that i was very careful but it is 30 years old. thanks.