Well I did it again!

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Well I did it again!

Post by CalAltaDubber »

A couple of years ago I bought one of those Bodi-Windshoz deflectors for the Topless Bunny. I am so happy with it, that I have it in the car all the time. I tell people that it is worth every penny I spent for it.

Well I decided to get another one for the Posh Bunny. I wasn't too interested in flipping it back and forth between the two cars. Also the custom rear deck (where the back seat used to be, would interfere in with the installation. So I ordered the one that is streight down from the roll bar.

While I was at it, I noticed that the manufacturer also makes sunshades for tin top cars they call Sonniboys. These things pop into the the window frame and give the appearance of tinted windows, as well as keeping the sun out of the car. Keeping the story short, I ordered a set for the wagon.

Now I hope they get here soon!
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Re: Well I did it again!

Post by Calimus »

We have the Bodi-Windshoz for our cabby as well, it's awesome. Let me know how those sunni shades work.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

I certainly love having the bodi-windshotz in Topless Bunny, so I have a good idea how the one will work for the other car.

If the shades are good, I think it will be better than tint. I will certainly let you know.
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
Autonut
What year is your cabby?: 1980

Post by Autonut »

What is a Bodi-Windshoz? :?: I did a google search and found nothing. :banghead:
1980 Volkswagen Rabbit Convertible - Play Toy - AKA " The Raggit "
2011 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4X4 - Work Horse
2008 Pontiac G5 SE - Grocery Getter
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Autonut wrote:What is a Bodi-Windshoz? :?: I did a google search and found nothing. :banghead:
Bodi-windshotts are wind deflectors made by a company in Germany. They are a screen that attaches to the roll bar. This knocks down the the airflow that makes driving top down uncomfotable to some.

The company that makes them is called Windesa and is located in Osnabruek Germany (same town where Karmann used to be). Their web site is http://www.windesa.com.

There is a company in Vancouver that produces one as well, but theirs is not near as nice as the one I have.

Several members here have them and, from what I gather, we all swear by them. They are a little on the expensive side, but like I said, worth every penny.

My only complaint is that because they don't include shipping to Canada on their website, I had to e-mail them. Even at that they are very easy to deal with.
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

Direct URL: http://www.cabrio-windschott.windesa.de ... chott.html

And gosh darn them! Bora/Jetta variant screens, but no sedan screens! :(
CalAltaDubber wrote:Several members here have them and, from what I gather, we all swear by them. They are a little on the expensive side, but like I said, worth every penny.
I bought mine from George (Black_cabbie). After about a year, I found it was more inconvenient than useful... it's been sitting in storage for years now. It does work as intended :thumbup: , but it just didn't suit me and my car (i.e. I need easy access to the back seat). :| I'm willing to part with it for the right offer, if someone wants it (it's the XL version).

Autonut
What year is your cabby?: 1980

Post by Autonut »

I'm interested. :D We would have to work a fair price for both of us. It would have to be shipped to Canada. I have Pay Pal and I'm ready to send you a payment. Let me know.

Thanks
Doug :)
1980 Volkswagen Rabbit Convertible - Play Toy - AKA " The Raggit "
2011 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 4X4 - Work Horse
2008 Pontiac G5 SE - Grocery Getter
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Well, the nice man in the FedEx truck delivered my new one on Friday. This one is for Posh Bunny and works as I expected it to.

I had the Sun shades installed in the wagon in the first five minuets. They fit right to the windows and if you are more than three feet from the car it looks like the windows are tinted. There are also a couple of clips to keep the side window shades in place.

Since I am away for a few days, I haven't had a good chance to see what they are like while driving at night, but so far I like them.
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Very cool. Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as Kammy. The have the sunni's for the jetta but only in wagon form and the same for my A6. If you have an avant, they have them, if you have the gun-boat sedan, go fish :(
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Calimus wrote:Very cool. Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as Kammy. The have the sunni's for the jetta but only in wagon form and the same for my A6. If you have an avant, they have them, if you have the gun-boat sedan, go fish :(
They seem to be coming more popular, why not contact them. They claim to be offering more makes. Ya never know.
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

I very well may once I get some other things taken car of on this battleship. At this point it's actually cheaper to get the car tinted. However, tint + sunni's would be awesome while my car sits at work all day. So I'll certainly be looking into it.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
kamzcab86

Post by kamzcab86 »

Calimus wrote: The have the sunni's for the jetta but only in wagon form and the same for my A6. If you have an avant, they have them, if you have the gun-boat sedan, go fish :(
Probably because Europeans don't give much of a bratwurst for sedans/saloons... they much prefer their avants/wagons/variants/estates. :rolleyes: Don't blame them, actually. :mrgreen:

If my Jetta is parked and not covered, I put Reflectix in the windows. I'm presently making door screens for Vanagon folks, and I'm tempted to keep going and make window screens for the Jetta... sure would be nice for driving around Hell's Kitchen in the summer months.
kamzcab86

Post by kamzcab86 »

Autonut wrote:I'm interested. :D We would have to work a fair price for both of us. It would have to be shipped to Canada. I have Pay Pal and I'm ready to send you a payment. Let me know.

Thanks
Doug :)
Shoot me an offer via PM (and don't worry, you have dibs; this won't be an auction). :D In the meantime, I'll find out what it'll cost to ship it to Canada (might be a week or two since I'm knee-deep in Vanagon projects).
E30blitz
What year is your cabby?: 1992

Post by E30blitz »

CalAltaDubber wrote:
Autonut wrote:What is a Bodi-Windshoz? :?: I did a google search and found nothing. :banghead:
Bodi-windshotts are wind deflectors made by a company in Germany. They are a screen that attaches to the roll bar. This knocks down the the airflow that makes driving top down uncomfotable to some.

The company that makes them is called Windesa and is located in Osnabruek Germany (same town where Karmann used to be). Their web site is http://www.windesa.com.

There is a company in Vancouver that produces one as well, but theirs is not near as nice as the one I have.

Several members here have them and, from what I gather, we all swear by them. They are a little on the expensive side, but like I said, worth every penny.

My only complaint is that because they don't include shipping to Canada on their website, I had to e-mail them. Even at that they are very easy to deal with.

This is now in the pipeline going to go for the middle one of the 3

Translated the site to English worked like a charm

Now I know what I am reading