Butt Loads O' Work Done

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Butt Loads O' Work Done

Post by Calimus »

Well today was very productive. Here is a list of things I did to the totaled cabby

1. Remove rear trunk lid
2. Remove wing window glass
3. Remove center brace foam pad
4. Removed remains of the Exhaust system
5. Removed the entire convertable top assymbly
6. Removed rear seats
7. Removed rear bumper
6. Removed both rear fender flares
7. Removed both side skirts
8. Removed side mirrors
9. Removed rear panels
10. Removed seat belts
11. Removed those little clothes hanger thingies
12. Removed sun visors

I think thats it. All I have left to do now is drain the gastank, remove the fule pump, remove the fuel accumulator and drop the gastank and this car is ready to be hauled to the crusher.

As much as I hate to see it go, I'll be kinda glad cause it will allow me the space I need to start wroking on the blue cabby.

BTW - I own this forum and thread with my massive first post. Though it does help to also be the one that created this forum, but thats besides the point.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
PDX Cabby
The Living Bentley Manual
What year is your cabby?: 1985

Post by PDX Cabby »

haha
well
i really didn't do anything...
could have picked up a brand new pair of crystal clears and badgeless grill
but
my lights are good
and i like my chrome trim on my grill
and my VW badge
so
i went to Home Depot and picked up some hardware and wood and slowly but surely rebuilding my rear parcel shelf... going to redesign it a bit so that i might be able to throw in a pair of 6" kenwoods i have... the idea would to keep effective sound with the top down...
right now i have them in my rear door panels... cut the panels to make them fit. ruined the panels and i can't use my winders, so, i'm moving things around...
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

Well, I have found a system that works great for sound in a cabby. Still results in a bit of lost use of the rear windows, but no one really ever sits in the back of ou cars anyway.

I used Polk 4x6 in the front doors (these are awesome speakers, very good)

The I put Infinity 6 1/2 rounds in the rear doors. I didn' modify the fabric panels, but I did have to drill one hole in the metal panel to mount the speakers.

Then I added a MTX 10" sub in a sealed box being pushed by a 300w 2ohm stable amp.

This resulted in a system that can be loud and provide decent bass with the top up or down.

Oh and the head unit was a Pioneer wih MP3 capability.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C