Question on Windshield Wipers.

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Question on Windshield Wipers.

Post by Briano1234 »

I am a Stock kind of guy, and have been looking at buying a new set of blades for the Cabby.

The issue that I have besides being uglier than hell at the mount, when they came out, do you think the look of the newer style bosch blades is better at safety than the stock?

http://www.boschautoparts.com/WiperBlad ... /Icon.aspx.

The issue came up because my son drove the cabby and it was sitting in a parking lot. From the passing cars I quess it got a film on it. I Drove it last night, and when I hit the wiper fluid I took the white powder and turned it in to a White Spray Job on my windshield. Add to the problem with driving West in to the setting sun..... I was blinded temporarily.... Gas station and washer squeegee. It still has a Haze this morning.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
bbrown
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Re: Question on Windshield Wipers.

Post by bbrown »

Not sure on those blades, they are kind of like the RainX Latitude blades. Some of the family has them and I think they are okay. I was always a fan of the Plane-Jane Michelin wiper blades and run them faithfully on my Ranger, but I haven't found them in the right size for the Cabby...

RainX rain repellent works great and I swear buy it as a means to help keep a clean windshield.

~Buster

1986 VW Cabriolet 1.8 5 spd.

~__|__\__
[(O)__(O)]
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

I have the blades on just about all my cars. They work great. The cabby is the only thing that doesn't have them currently and that just because it hasn't seen daylight let alone rain in years.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Calimus wrote:I have the blades on just about all my cars. They work great. The cabby is the only thing that doesn't have them currently and that just because it hasn't seen daylight let alone rain in years.

Could it be the Swiss cheese that your top is made of? :)
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

It could be indeed. :P
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
gull

Post by gull »

I like RainX but find you have to use the RainX washer fluid with it; otherwise the washer fluid starts to remove it and it streaks. The downside of that is the washer fluid will spot your paint downwind of the washer nozzles.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Rainex actually has wiper blades now. I used them on the Beetle and they lasted close to 2 years. Granted, they were not cheap, but they worked great when we took the car to Chicago in the winter.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C