I hate Plastic Parts......

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: I hate Plastic Parts......

Post by Briano1234 »

Well my Metal Heater Valve decided to leak, so not to worry, I have a spare plastic one.
30 Minutes later, and what do you frigging know, it is leaking.
Get my Spare that I took off the car originally, and damned if it isn't showing signs of leaking in the same corner.....
There are none at Napa, The Zone, Advance Auto, O'reilly's, or manny moe and jacks......
Will have to wait to tomorrow to call the stealership.... JE wants 36 dollars. I have ordered 2 of them but they won't be in till Thursday....
DAMN. I really Hate Plastic PARTS.........
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Here are the pictures of my last 2 failures of that plastic heater valve.

Both ones that failed are in the exact same corner of the valve when I replaced the last one I could hear a whistle like a vacuum leak from around that area,,,, I could even see steam raising.

Here is the new one that I added JB-Weld full to.

Side by side.

Gotta love Walgreens, they will give you syringes which helps you get stuff forced in to the areas that you need it.

I am hoping that it can beef up or prevent another leak.... These are Meyle Branded made in China.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

On a side note, I have always had to guess at the proportions of Hardener to Steel Rosin on JB-Weld....
Well I have my lovely Coffee Freak Daughter to take the guess work out of it.

I used her scale that is Digital and self zeroing.
I placed a plastic coffee can lid on the scale and zero'ed it.
I used 4.0 gr of steel into the lid. I then measured the hardener to 8.0.... Got an exact 50/50 mix.
Stirred it and then placed it into a syringe, and used it to fill in the gaps of the new 2 heater valves, figured that I might as well kill 2 birds with one syringe.
Briano

Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Got one less plastic part now it is so pretty and well packed for shipment I really don't want to put it on. :)

Briano