Quick Question

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

ShyCabbyGirl
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Quick Question

Post by ShyCabbyGirl »

I'm purchasing the exterior trim pieces for my 87' Cabby off of the VWVortex classifieds. If they're in good condition - what's the usual asking price for them? I just want to make sure that I'm not getting ripped off.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: Quick Question

Post by Briano1234 »

I have seen then go for 20 per piece, to 40.... Then I have seen complete sets go from 40-200... That is why I take all I can find from the wrecking yard.... :)

Don't forget to get the clips at Napa.
Part #6651396, 16 for $6. Ya need about 17 per side... I should count them up one of these days....

http://cabby-info.com/body.htm

For how to put them on..... To take the old ones out, you use a tiny center punch and a hammer to push the clip center to the inside of your door.

Note to Kammy...... maybe this disclaimer should be on the page: I got a email from someone that broke their window.....
Be sure to roll the window up, that way if your punch is long, you can break the window class.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
ShyCabbyGirl
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Quick Question

Post by ShyCabbyGirl »

Wow thanks, that was really helpful information. The guy I'm getting them from is charging me 70$ shipped. Which is a pretty good deal from what you tell me. Everyone here on this forum is so awesome. My boyfriend and I were just talking about how anytime I ask a question, everyone gets so in-depth when they answer it. Sounds like everyone knows their crap pretty well. Thanks to everyone, this site has helped me TREMENDOUSLY!