R32 exhaust set up.

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

x-cube
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

R32 exhaust set up.

Post by x-cube »

I am preparing to buy needed parts and complete this project. FINALLY. Trying my best to keep it original but at same time somethings have to be different. What i am asking is, I like the R32 exhaust set up. Is it possible to have the same set up on our cabbys (90-92) without it sticking out soooo far? Nice different but tasteful.
x-cube

Re: R32 exhaust set up.

Post by x-cube »

another option: Can someone suggest a good exhaust system from front to the end for cabby, not those loud potato bakers, but something with a porsche exotic sound. Link or website please thank you.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

x-cube wrote:another option: Can someone suggest a good exhaust system from front to the end for cabby, not those loud potato bakers, but something with a porsche exotic sound. Link or website please thank you.

Try tttuning.com

beware of sticker shock.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

R32 system would be dificult at best to do. MKIV's have a lot more room to play with in the back. Not to mention they are a 6cyl and therefore have the exhaust pressure to flow out a dual exit system. Add to that, it also has a flapper built into the exhaust to give it the sounds that it makes.

A good sporty sounding system for the cabby would be a catback system from http://www.techtonicstuning.com/ as Brian mentioned. When you are there, look under the rabbit listings or the scirocco. The main difference is weather you have the full or space saver spare tire. An I would go with the Borla muffler as to me it sounds the best. The big choice money wise will be aluminum or stainless piping.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C