tranny codes and such

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

tranny codes and such

Post by Briano1234 »

here is a great site for transmission codes and the gearing

http://www.zelek.com/diagram%20&%20Char ... amlist.htm

Now for a little braggin... My Automagic tranny in my cab decided to piss AFT fluid all over the place last March...
So I ordered a new Torque Pervertor and a TC seal. I replaced it and still I had a leak...

I found another TNA tranny in the yards and brought it home... Well 4 days later it lost 2nd gear.

So I have been driving it wil a 2 speed tranny.

Well I found the only Automatic in the P-A-P was a TJ so I went to investigate and found the above site.

TJ 90mm axles
1st 2.71
2nd 1.5
3rd 1.0
R+P 3.12

TNA 100mm axles
1st 2.71
2nd 1.5
3rd 1.0
R+P 3.41

So I had to buy new axles.

Well I had it out on the road for a test.... at 60 mph I was at 2700 rpm at 80 I was at 3500 rpm....

So the difference between the TNA and TJ transmission is 500 rpm in 3rd @80mph with the top down. It is like a over drive......

So if you are looking for a replacement tranny for your automatic and want better mileage... try to find a TJ transmission it aint as peppy off the start, but the dollars in gas saved should more than offset that in miles per smiles.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: