just bought my first cabby, in part thanx to this forum

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

mbailey
What year is your cabby?: 1987

just bought my first cabby, in part thanx to this forum

Post by mbailey »

well I'm now a proud '87 cabby owner! I've owned several bugs & I came across this decent lil cabby for 1500.00 So I bought her after a little research,mostly on here. she has a few wrinkles that need ironed out but I'm a decent mechanic & hopefully I goy Ya'll to help me get thru any stumpers. I got a bentley manual on the way & have access to some scans from it in the meantime if I know the page # 's. she idles rough and tries to stall on starting but run's fine once warmed up. I'm sure there are some vac. leaks I need to sniff out. is there a vac. diagram in the bentley and if so can someone tell me the page number so I can get that & start sniffin'? second the gas gauge doesn't work I'm thinking this might be electrical because the water temp gauge beside it doesn't work either. any ideas suggestion or good places to start? I'm sincerely grateful for any help I get.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: just bought my first cabby, in part thanx to this forum

Post by Briano1234 »

The Bentley Shows them, but http://www.cabby-info.com has the diagrams with pictures even....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

^^^ Yes, sounds like armed with the Bentley, and Kammy's website you'll find what you need to chase down those demons. It seems you are off to a good start. let us know if you get stuck, and WELCOME!!!
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

Congrats and welcome! 8)