Finally an answer to my Teardrops

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Oneabsolute
What year is your cabby?: 1988

Finally an answer to my Teardrops

Post by Oneabsolute »

I've finally purchased a set of wheels to get teardrops off of my cars, plural since the Cabby we are getting Friday is going to have them as well. The local junkyard actually had a complete set of wheels for a change :shock: . Usually when I go there, a car usually has no wheels or 3 :banghead: . Even today before I found my new set I saw a BMW with only two Borbet type E's, another BMW with three ARE mesh wheels, and a five lug Passat with three BBS wheels(the 6 or 7 spoke kind). Then in the very last row of their import section, where the cars haven't made it to their stands and off the ground yet, was a BMW with four almost perfect 4x100 Bottlecaps on it. Finally I can stop looking at my teardrops. Its not that I don't like them as to that I'm really sick of seeing them. I think I might try to polish the Rocco's set while they are off the car. Now just have to find some lug bolts since the yard only had one in each wheel.

Here's some pics of my new wheels:
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Re: Finally an answer to my Teardrops

Post by kamzcab86 »

I love the Silverstones (aka "teardrops")! :thumbup: But they are the heaviest of the A1 VW wheels. :?
Oneabsolute
What year is your cabby?: 1988

Re: Finally an answer to my Teardrops

Post by Oneabsolute »

Don't get me wrong, I like them; however, I am just sick of seeing them right now and really don't want them on two of my cars. The ones that are coming on the Cabby I believe have the teardrops themselves painted white but I haven't seen them yet.
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI