Newby

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

saturn
What year is your cabby?: 1982

Newby

Post by saturn »

I picked up an '82 back in Sept. It hasn't given me any problems at all, runs like a top. Don't know how many miles it has, orig engine or not. The odo stopped working sometime in '97, it was 108,000 then. Guess its probably more like 200k. It burns oil a little, no major smoke, just 20 sec. of smoke @ startup. I want to do an overbore from a 1.8 w/a full on tricked out GTI 8valve head, prob. next spring, not interested @ all in the VR6, gas in Calif. insn't cheap. Can you rig up a Motronic? The CIS-e is okay, just old, seems like most things on this car are orig, 25 years old, I'm surprised it runs so well. Owned these cars before, I love drivin' them, the Cabby's a lot more fun though! Had the top down today, start of friggin Dec! It was night time too, pretty, the car's damn enchanting. Had to drive it all around today, no problems, it just has that hot start, it only runs on like 2 cylinders for 5 sec, then all 4. Whatev, I'm used to that, I think the coil repl. does the trick, been a while though.

Later
Saturn
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Re: Newby

Post by kuklaki »

Gas everywhere is crazy. Anyways, sounds like a winner-that year running fairly well. What all have you done so far to smooth her out? Oh and before I forget-welcome to TRF
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)