correction....THIS summer....a sneak peek

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

speedtek
What year is your cabby?: 1982

Re: correction....THIS summer....a sneak peek

Post by speedtek »

Well, I finally came up with a way to use the connectors on the hardline coming from the tank. I really didn't want to just cut them off and run hose to the carbs, plus I had to come up with a solution to put the fuel pressure sensor in there as well. So a little cutting and robbing of pieces from the old CIS stuff lying around I came up with this solution, plus it will give me one extra filter in the system (one's going before the carter pump). It's just mocked up for the most part atm to make sure everything would fit and work as planned.
Last edited by speedtek on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I just know shit..........
my (really) old cardomain
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Oh man, thanks a ton for that pic. I've been hunting for an adapter to use in my CIS-e to Digi-1 conversion and that pics just gave me everything I needed to not have to get an adapter. Excellent idea and post, thanks!
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
speedtek

Post by speedtek »

Cool, glad I could help....... 8)
speedtek

Post by speedtek »

Well, a lot of trial and error and fabrication has come and gone. After 3 different throttle linkage setups I finally came up with a system that opens the butterflies all the way and doesn't stick or bind. 2 revisions later of that setup to get it working properly and Holy SHIT!!! We are running pretty damn good. I took it out for a quick (somewhat uninsured) spin tonight. OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, this damn thing is FAST!!! And what a howl! We will be on the road tomorrow. All the cussing, frustration and regrets blew out the window the first time I mashed the go pedal......oh yeah baby, this rocks!!!

I hacked up an old MK1 throttle body for the shaft and springs to make my new linkage. Might not be as beautiful as it could be (we'll be working on that, this was to get on the road), but it works like a charm.

Baby Taz needs a Bath....tomorrow......
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

hurrah on a running cabby.....I know that sheep eating grin that you must of been wearing.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
speedtek

Post by speedtek »

Sooooooooo after a good month of tearing up the streets, I guess you really can only push an 8V so hard....LOL
Literally blew pretty much every seal in the motor due to Blow-by, we were puking oil everywhere. Managed to limp it to the garage and put it up on blocks. Looks like my summer convertible cruising is at a standstill for now. My buddy is in the process of locating me a used 16V, hopefully I get it back on the road before the end of summer.
I still have Alice though.........figured I might as well enjoy my new tires, the wheels look pretty good on her.....
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by CalAltaDubber »

OK.

I know you don't really want to sell Taz. You just want to keep working on it.

How come you didn't make it to Fahrfromhome? A bunch of us were looking for you.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
speedtek

Post by speedtek »

I had only been on the road for a day and a half at that point and there wasn't any confidence in the setup. I already knew the engine was going to be trouble as the compression was down in two cylinders. Wasn't really worth taking the chance to get stranded 10 hours away from home :lol: