Blew a radiator hose last night

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Blew a radiator hose last night

Post by Briano1234 »

My Daughter called me she was on Cobb Pkwy, and said "Dad, the little light in the middle of the water temp is blinking....what does that mean?"

So I drive over to Cobb Pkwy, and in party city parking lot there is the green rabbit, with no fluid in the res, and for the life of me I can't find the leak.

So I fill it with fluid and get it hot, then when my son rev's the engine to 2000 rpm, there she blows..... The bypass hose from the water pump to head has a hole in it, it looks like a knife puncture...it is a slit.....

Well at 9:30 at night I run to wallyworld and look for a radiator hose repair kit... nada.... but what I found was a set of hose clamps, and a tail piece extension for a sink.... cut with a hacksaw, cut the hose, and my ghetto fix got me home with no leaks....

Took me 30 minutes to get the lower hose clamp off, as it broke, farging spring clips......

Never under extimate the leverage one can get with a crowbar and a
pissed off Irishman...

On the way home I stopped by the 24hr AutoZone on Jimmy Carter, and they had the hose... so I finished it up today....

I cleaned the engine off and it looks so pretty now, I replaced the valve cover gasket last week with the one piece rubber one.. I like those gaskets alot...

Ps.... I gotta love slick 50, there is no head damage, and no pressureized hoses.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

It never stops does it? Glad you were able to make a quick fix and get it home. An yea, slick50 is good stuff.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C