fuel tank finally installed!!1

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

marco pabst
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

fuel tank finally installed!!1

Post by marco pabst »

so last monday I finally got to get my fuel tank in.
so I guess I might as well do a write seeing as I have nothing better to do right now.

it was rather straightforward, got it jacked up and tireless and go to take out the not very shiny, bolts that attach the shocks to the rear axle get one out only to find the other has decided to become one with the bushing on its shock . (ps forgive me im horrible with terms) so then removed the nuts holding the rear axle to the car they drop and then the hoses o God I hate hoses finally get off both the vacuum lines then the filler hose and wrestle the thing out. yay!! made sure everything was out of the way, got my shiny new tank in, took 15 minutes and 2 people to get the lines back on put everything back to gether and bam!!
I think thats everything .

now tommorow to put my fuel pumps in.!!
karmann : giving us more reasons to get sunshine.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

I would of suggested that prior to re-installing that you should of sprayed it with undercoat, to keep corrosion down and to sound-proof it a bit...

Now for the shock bolts you should of wrapped them up from end to end with nylon pipe tape, then cover with never-seize and you will never have another stuck shock bolt again...

But congratulations on a nasty job being finished......
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
marco pabst
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by marco pabst »

perhaps one day I shall get me some undercoat and take it out a spray her down, but currently im going to have to find a place to paint my fender and hood or my whole car perhaps as the lovely hood and fender I'm soon to get
are grayish silver.
karmann : giving us more reasons to get sunshine.