Repairing a broke heater control mount

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Repairing a broke heater control mount

Post by Briano1234 »

Well I have found out the big reason for the mounts to get broken.

Seems like if you don't loosen the screws that hold it in place, when you squirrel your arm into the slot to get to the speedo cable connector 50 percent of the time you will snap that sucker on the left or right side.
SO ALWAYS REMOVE THE SCREWS TO THE HEATER CONTROL PRIOR TO UNHOOKING THE SPEEDO.......

But I have come up with a pretty quick and easy fix.

Take a wire-tie and loosely connect it around the pillar.

Then insert a second small wire-tie into the loop and pull the first tie tight, then clip off the pigtail.

Take an AMPconnector that is a red circle screw through and cut a small opening in the circle
part to the left of the lead off

Loosen the Screw holding the piece of broken plastic insert the amp connector on the screw then tighten the screw.

Now with the free wire-tie that is fastened to the pillar, tighten it against the amp connector, cut the bitter end off.

This will hold it tight to the screw mount and allow the slide to function, and the bezel to go backon with no worries. Seems that 50 percent of the time I can screw my arm back there with no worries, and the other 50 pop goes the control mount on the right side. :) Large boney broke elbows.....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: