damn diesel

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

1lowcab
DropTop Pimp
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

damn diesel

Post by 1lowcab »

well, my caddy failed me the other day.
i left work at 1am, it was about 17 out, and she wouldn't start, and lucky me, i never put my jumper cables back in after i had the interior stripped out. :roll:
so i went back that morning with a friend and some jumper cables, it still took me i bet 20-25 mins to get her running.
i think i must be down at least 2 glow plugs. i'm off today so i'm going to replace all 4 of the little bastards and run a few checks on the rest of the GP system to make sure everything else is good.
so, its 9:30am, 20 degrees, and i'm headed out to play with some glow plugs..... god i hate no.1 and 2 plug, they SUCK!!!
If you can't beat them, drop the top and pimp by 'em!

85 Mercedes 500SEL grey market euro
Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I remember those days, it don't matter if it is -17 below or 110, if you ain't got the glow plugs it won't start....

Funny thing is they go bad one at a time not all at once.... So I Learned a lesson.... Keep 2 of them in the trunk or the Glove box. then a 10mm wrench and the 1/4 in deepwell and t-handle to remove them.. I also kept 4 of the fuses for the glow plugs... Got stranded in BF Illinois, and I soldered the old one back together....

I did the 2 gallons of gas per 8 gallons of diesel in the winter, and I never had gas line gell or fail to start once. But then I got a 1200 CCA battery from interstate, had to beat the fan shroud to get it to fit.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

got them all in and sure enough, 2 dead.
i went ahead and did all 4 cuz the other ones looked pretty old.
did away with the busbar too. i ran 10GA wire to each GP, made it a HELL of alot easier!!!! also now i can check each individual GP if i think one has gone bad.
now comes air filter, fuel filter and alt belt... but the damn 'zone gave me the wrong belt....bastards.
i run anti-gel stuff from napa, can't remember the name. it's like 1/3 cup to a tank of fuel, only gelled once on me...when i forgot to put it in. :oops: :roll:

Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

done and done!

they gave me a belt for no A/C and with PS, i have no PS and, get this, they don't have a number for a belt for a diesel with no A/C and no PS!!!!
the guy behind the counter didn't know what to do, so i told him just to give me one that was the same width but about 2- 2 1/2 inches shorter.
the funny thing was he didn't even know what the numbers on the belt were for!!!!!! :shock: :roll: dumbass.

but anyway, she purrs like a kitten now.
the bad thing is number 1 and 2 injectors are not spraying right or are dripping, there was some good size deposts on the those glowplugs.

Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol