Some days you shouldn't work on cars......

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Some days you shouldn't work on cars......

Post by Briano1234 »

Well Papa Smurf was running rough when cold, so I fingered it was a plugs and a CTS sensor change.

Instead of buying new I decided to take them out of the Green Car since the Green on is out of commission for a bit and swap.....

Well I pulled the plugs out of Papa

Then I cleaned them and applied a tad of neverseize to the threads.

Opened the Greenie Pulled the Plugs and the sensor and put papas plugs in there..... no worries.

Going back to the Green, I cleaned the plugs applied never sieze to the threads, and pulled the CTS sensor and what do you know the car being warm, I removed the cap to vent the pressure, and as soon as I popped the CTS out Anti-Freeze went right in to the open plug holes arrrrrrrrrrgh... Quickly placeing the Green CST in the hole and Capping it.... I quickly replaced the plugs and wires and fired it right up SMOKE SWEET SMOKE and rough running....Till all the A/F Burned off, and the Idle stayed high for a cold car...... Sweet. Once the radiator fan kicked in, I touched the idle and it dropped right to 975..................

To be honest I have my mind on other things and I really shouldn't be doing stuff to the car but as it was to get to 21 here tonight....I had to....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Well, at least you know that those cylinders are nice anc clean for now. :P
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C