Lifter replacement scheduled for this weekend

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Lifter replacement scheduled for this weekend

Post by Calimus »

So I've been sitting on a set of lifter for the crabby cabby for about 6 months. Maybe I should get to them huh?

So if all goes well, Cristine will be basnished to one of the rocco's or the Jetta for the weekend. Ok everyone say it will me, AAAAAHHHHHHHWWWWW!!!.

I will be dutiful as always and take pics as maybe it will help someone out in the end that needs to do the same thing.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Well, William, I have to repair a heater selector, and fix a wonky gauge I thought that I had it ruff.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
gull

Post by gull »

I thought I was going to have to do that, but my noisy lifter has been gradually quieting down. I think the previous owner skimped on oil changes.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Heh, I also have vac leaks from the heater selector/vac distributor on the cabby and her rocco. I had a spare, but it leaks as well. Anyone know of a good way to fix them. I was thinking maybe some vassiline on the outer edge might help it seal, but how long would that really last?

But yea, lifters might suck a bit. I'm almost tempted not to do them as the car has been running so well lately. I'd hate to screw that up.

No chance your looking a challenge are ya there Brian. See how fast two computer dorks can change a set of lifters? I'll actually be our your way tomorrow. I have to stop by and see a buddy of mine on Pleasent Hill.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

William......

Come on by, as I have the heater control assembly out of my car and the Vac selector is good. If you want it come on by.....

I should be home and probably on the roof tomorrow.

I had to rewire the main connector on the instrument cluster, half the pins were dinked, and the gnd was running about 8 ohms too high so I tied another ground to it....

The only difference between the 87 and 93 main connector that I found was the upshift pin and the airbag pin... all the others were the same.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Is there anything I might be able to bring ya? LMK You have a PM.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C