a/c +heat at same time?

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

mk1
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by mk1 »

kuklaki wrote:
mk1 wrote:
kamzcab86 wrote: Put the selector lever on "vent" or "heat" and turn the fan/blower on. Does the A/C compressor engage? That is the key question. If the compressor does NOT engage on these two settings, there is no problem with your system. If the compressor DOES engage on these two settings, then, yes, you've got a slight electrical problem.
sorry for the confusement :oops: When I turn the vent or heat on the compressor automatically kicks on and the heat will blow out the 1 and 2 vents while the a/c is blowing out the side vents at the same time :shock:
The side vents? Are you sure that it is not just cold fresh air coming out of those?
There is no such thing as cold vent air in florida :lol: No it was in the 80's the other day when I did this and once I turn the vent or heat on I hear the compressor tick and then the cold air is a blowin through the side and the heat is blowing out the tops. I know, its strange :roll:
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Okay..

if you have the defrosters on, they will blow hot air out of them if your heater core is slightly on or open. the side ventsno matter what will blow only cold or a/c air .

The side defrosters that point to the window will blow heated air also

I would think tha tyour heater valve is in the slightly open position.

Your center divertor servo is dead or not getting vacuum to it.

It isn't a hard thing to understand....

but then I have had these issues since 1981 with my first rabbit.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

The A/C compressor should NOT be engaging when on the heat and vent settings. So, faulty A/C thermostat? Faulty A/C switch? (Bentley, once again, doesn't say too much.)
mk1
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by mk1 »

Iam going to research prices on these things. Like you said kam, as soon as I turn it on heat or vent, the a/c kicks on with the heat. Thanks guys.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

the fan or a/c selector is in the bottom of the top slider there is a cam action that pushes in the switch to allow the a/c to run. The cam only works in the defrost and the blue bands, there are 2 screws that you have reposition the switch.

Be carefull of the temp sender on the left there is a tube that runs to the a/c evap unit in the middle of the heaterbox....
It dosen't like bending and twisting tooooo much.

There is actually more information on the Schematic pages of the bentley than the drawings for the heater/ac... as you need to know how each switch determines what exactally.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: