Appologies to William.....but......

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Appologies to William.....but......

Post by Briano1234 »

I know that I wanted to have you press the bearings in but the growling is getting worse.....LOL And with me down to 1 spare car and the baby daughter has it most the time...I can't have the car down for more than a couple of hours at a time.

I drove to the yard today and obtained two good steering knuckles and hub assemblies,

Then I drove to my favorite auto parts (Autobahn), and they are pressing in new bearings in to the knuckles that way I only have my car down for a couple of hours...to replace...:)

then tomorrow I will Measure all the adjustments, and have at replacing the Knuckles as assemblies, after I paint them mmm Silver, Gold, or Black...geeeeeeeeeee

So now just the rusty windshield is all that is left on this one.

Yes the to do list is down, to zip and the major mechanicals have all bee replaced, so I am getting happy happy happy....

So William, please accept my sincerest appologies for denying you the pressing.....but hey that leaves more time for drinking Root Beer.... :)

or

Guiness.......
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Brian, no apologies are needed. I know all to well that you don't always get to choose when you fix something. So no big deal at all Sir. Glad you are getting it taken care of.

I however must apologise to just about everyone here. Things in William & Cristine world have been nutz and time has been very short. Top that off with our jetta crapping it's coil pack, we are now relying on the A1's and the bikes.

So, big sorry from us. Hopefully, starting late next week, we should be posting more as we are taking a vacation and should have ton's of pics to show on a bi-daily basis.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Oh it gets better, the ball joint and tie-rod end wouldn't come out, you know the ones that I just replaced a few months ago, had to get jiggy to get them out, even never siezed them..... soooo nobody in Duluth had them in stock, the closet store is in Alpharetta.....ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

It don't get better than that do it....

Story of my life everything I touch turns to shit............ :)
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

I think you must have rubbed a little of that off on me. I seem to be having the same issues lately. Found cracks in the jetta's coil packs, found that you can seal them with RTV and get a few more moths out of the coil pack. So slathered it on. Waited for it to dry, reinstalled the pack (which is not in a bad place, just rough to get at) and guess well, didn't fix a damn thing.

Getting poor spark on cylinders 1, 3, 5. :cry:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Then I guess its a good thing we didn't try to do this on a Saturday..... :)

I got the one side back together, and that is when I found that my torque wrench only went to 160, so the axle nut is at 160 plus a bit :)

So now, it is on to the other side in a bit as I have to run the son to the game.....
Briano

Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

The other side went with out a hitch, like I thought that the drivers side would do. I started at 5:00 and at 6:30 I was finished and had all the tools put away.

Drove ti to pick up my son from the game, and at 60's top down the full moon and all I heard was the sound of the exhaust and the tunes on the radio.... made all my work worth it. Now i am tired and sore, and the Tequila is going down smooth.........................................................

I guess it is time to redo my wind stop for this car.....
Briano