It can to fit (with a few mods)

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

It can to fit (with a few mods)

Post by Briano1234 »

Well being the first day in about a moth that my back didn't hurt, well it probably does but the Morphine and Demerol help quite a bit.

I decided that I would play with some power tools.

Tools required:
sawzall
drill
BFH
5 foot cheater
C-clamp
barstock
13mm socket
13mm ratcheting wrench.

For my first cabby I bought a upper strut tie, that was so wrong. Then I got another a geuine Nuespeed off of EBAY that FED-exlax delivered to the wrong address, but they never fessed up till after the buy-back had expired. So I bought another that I have to modify. I took it off the totaled cabby but hat one would mean that I would have to Modify the current cabby and I didn't like that Idea.

So I gave it to a forum member who had a use for it, so it is on his car....
(secretly I wished I had installed a remote control device to play havoc....:) )

So still I had the original A2 that I thought about offering back up to ebay, but when you are on drugs you can have the most vivid dreams.

With a little paint, and some creative use of a Cheater Bar to bend the metal, and a sawsall to cut down the radiator jug bracket, I needed to get it as low as it could go so I trimmed it even with the strut tower (about 1/4 of and inch give or take).

I then bent and installed this A2 tie-bar

From this

To this

It fits and clears the Radiator jug by 1/8 of an inch... YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAA
I did paint it Gold... :)
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Very nice Brian, it looks right at home in there too.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C