Neglected Area of most Cars...

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Neglected Area of most Cars...

Post by Briano1234 »

So what have I have been up to since the temp was in the 80's my back is wrenched, and it is over cast:

Today I tackled the most neglected items on the Cabby or cars in general.

The Windshield wipers... Now now some will say that there is no reason to go messing with them, but have you ever had to use a faucet removal tool to get the frozen rusted wiper arms off, I have had to. The paint was chipped and rusty, and with new shiney black blades that took away from the appearance.

So

What I started with.

After removal of the arms:

See the corrosion on the arm holder, that is a badddddddd thing that got cleaned up with a wire brush for the threads, and some buffing with 220.

I will go back with NEVER-SIEZE.

The arms after some light sanding and cleaning with acetone to remove all the wax:

After 5 coats of Krylon Black

Then I got this little guy back to black too, as it was white with sun fading and wax.

Yeah I know I am anal........ :P
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: