Well don't it beat all

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Well don't it beat all

Post by Briano1234 »

Since Saturday I have been trying to sort out some wonky electrical issues on the rabbit and tidy the engine bay a wee bit. Needless to say, I started out that the Alternator was acting Bizzare, 13.5 volts then 12, cleaned all the connectors and replaced the alternator to battery cable all seemed straight....then I replaced the gauge faces to white, and replaced the dash, and what the hell the Alternator finally gave up the ghost.

It was the regulator, but I figured that replacing the Alt was a good idea Lifetime warranty..... :)

The leprechaun came in and gilded the A/C lines, and the new Alt was gold too.... :)

The new front emblem that I painted the inner part black prior to gold leafing the outside....

Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Looks good Brian. Is there anything left to plate/paint that you can think of?
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

ACCCCCCCcctulllly I was thunking of mmmmmmm Throttle body?.... might look good leafed............. or painted........... then there is the timing cover and the valve cover..... and the exhaust manifold. naw just kidding.... The alternator came that way tho..... :)
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

To add insult to injury, the brand new off the internet Radiator return split on the seam.... It is evident that not all parts are up ot VW standards, but to be honest my first rabbit had the same kind of split on the jug but it was after 23000 miles not 2300......

I have a new one at the dealer on order.

:)

maybe I will paint it gold too... :)
Briano

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

All joking aside, painting the return isn't the best idea I've ever heard. While it would look cool, y ou might have a hell of a time figuring out your coolent level :P

Sorry to hear you are having the small nagging problems. Hopefully you can get them resolved. An if you blow another nice new return tank, gimme a call and I'll hook ya up with a nice tarnished yellow one that will be good for the rest of the cars life. :P
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

I put the old yeller on it... but I did paint it gold, and coolant level, isn't that what the gauge is for? That is untill I get out to DH for the replacement hopefully friday after class............

Love them Idiot lights.
Briano