Crabby Cabby scheduled for another operation

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Cars and gerfunkin get us all from time to time, I think it is time for an intervention..........................................

I know that I see shit I need to fix, and then just put it off, and off and off...till I gotta do it.

It sucks............

But remember that once it is done and you are driving it the Gefunkin will leave and a smile developes then the grin, and you enjoy the moment of Zen as the RPM's and the Miles slip away......

But then again letting it sit and developing an action plan for work to be accomplished works for the first year...after that it is all procrastination.

:)
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Then I'm definitly in the procrastination phase, neck deep. :shock:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
gull

Post by gull »

Ever read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"? There are some sections that put an interesting perspective on this. It talks about the concept of "gumption," that motivating force that lets you get things done. Problems and setbacks tend to destroy gumption, and require doing something more relaxing for a while to build it back up.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

That sounds about right. As of late, all I've wanted to do is ride the bike or vege out. I haven't even been on the computers much at home.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
dubchickshubby

Post by dubchickshubby »

Droppin' mufflers on your head will kill some motivation as well... I can tell you that from experience! :lol:
Her car, my tools. It's all about sharing!
///Ocean State Dubs
'87 red/white Cabby
'92 Triple white Cabby(an 8V decked and overbored nightmare. 303 Cam baybee!)
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

I know thats the truth. Did some playing with the bike today and balanced the carbs. Man what a difference. Just the fact that I got off my ass and did that might be a start in the right direction.

Doesn't help that it's hotter then hell outside. Even with a garage is still too damn hot. Maybe if I can loose enough weight, the heat won't seem as bad.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Moljinar

Post by Moljinar »

I'm in the same boat. My new job has got me sitting 9 hours a day so I've gained about 20 lbs and it is a literal pain to bend over and work on the car. I'm working now on a diet and exercise regimin to work it back off. I've got too much work to do. In fact I should be out changing a motor mount right this second.
...Hammer of the Gods...
Buffy - '85 Cabby
Claire - '90 Jetta GL
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Moljinar wrote:I'm in the same boat. My new job has got me sitting 9 hours a day so I've gained about 20 lbs and it is a literal pain to bend over and work on the car. I'm working now on a diet and exercise regimin to work it back off. I've got too much work to do. In fact I should be out changing a motor mount right this second.
I have that issue also the longer I sit on my ass at my job the wider it gets. :)

As far as bending over, I found that jacking the car up on 4 jack stands takes the strain off my back....

Besides Motor mount are a pain in the ass, and putting those off I think we all understand.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: