what a difference

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

what a difference

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

a couple days ago i noticed the internals of my distributor were disintegrating, well i ordered a new one and got it yesterday, i installed it today. well apparently the dealership set the timing to the factory specs, (i took it there when i first got it, and the car has schricks) well after i got the distributor installed i played with the timing a little and holy cow what a difference it seriously pulls alot harder all the way to redline, i'll find out tomorrow how it pulls in all the gears, i only made it to third today, and it is a substantially noticeable difference
thingmon
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by thingmon »

congrats. good to hear someone has seen the power.

I had my injectors replaced and now, while the idle is much better, it pulls for *(&(*&^. Much less power than before. That's what I get for letting others mess with my toys...
speedtek
What year is your cabby?: 1982

Post by speedtek »

Amazing what a little advance can do, eh? :lol: 8) :thumbup: :thumbup:
I just know shit..........
my (really) old cardomain
cabriaulait
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by cabriaulait »

when you say played with the timing a little ..what did you do ive heard this b4 but not sure what to do really
87 cabriolet quartett edt work in progress
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

by adjusting the timing of a car you can retard the spark or advance the spark and the can so that you get higher low end torque.

On my 90 I had it tweaked to be advanced bu about 8 degrees at the dist, I suffered poor gas economy, but I could pull through the gears like a mad man, and hit 60 in second at 4800 rpm.... I ate a lot of rice krispies.

:)
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: