Washer jug meets Pulley

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Washer jug meets Pulley

Post by Briano1234 »

Evidently the last time I removed my washer jug for a photo op for a Tex'er, I didn't get the jug properly seated.
Driving my car Top up a/c on the Belt started to squeel, and it figured I need to tighten it a wee bit more...
Getting home I discovered that my jug came off the mount and met up with the a/c pulley. No good deed goes unpunished.

Ok, I duct taped it till I could locate a new one... The Prices they want were out friggin rageous.

So I found one on Amazon from China... 22 bucks new free shipping. OK, I will bite, but I also needed new grommets.

Have to wait for near a month, ok, Duct tape.... to quote the Rock " If duct tape won't hold you need more Duct Tape."

I received my jug today after a 2 week wait.

So I thought it was smaller than the oem. Nope.

The only difference I saw was the cap didn't have the Vent holes the oem did, and there was Chinese writing on it.
new
old
SO I used the old cap on the new jug.

So I installed it it looks nice bright and white, didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for it or the grommets.

I had found a new to me one in the yard that wasn't wholey, so I put that one in my Green car and was going to use the battered one in mine till the new one arrived.

As my Green Cabbies Jug has a similar fate, but it was at least semi repairable and would hold fluid without duct tape.

So if you need a jug don't be afraid of the Amazon Chinese one.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: