ticket for driving while distracted.. no texting, no phone

Did you see something that was supposed to be a car at one time and now looks like the frankenstein monster? If so take some pics of that fugly thing and post them here. This also goes for any other "rice" you may find littering the streets or shows.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

ticket for driving while distracted.. no texting, no phone

Post by Briano1234 »

Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: ticket for driving while distracted.. no texting, no pho

Post by Calimus »

I saw that, haven't had a chance to follow up on it. Has this been tossed out or has there been anything on it actually going to court?
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

The guy was from Alabama, so you don't know if the cop thought that it was a easy ticket, and as it was out of state driver is he going to drive back to fight it? Ya never know...

You know how they do tickets here, oh, you need an extension? Fine we will reschedule in 3 months... So you might not see a resolution for 6 months or so....

Just be careful of enjoying that Big Frosty, Fries, or that Burger.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

yea, they pulled that crap on me a few years back. Green Horn GSP officer wrote me a ticket that stated my motorcycle can drive on thin air over a 8 foot ditch. Naturally I wanted to fight this. Take the time, show up for the court date, only to find out that the officer couldn't make it and that I could either reschedule or pay the ticket. When I asked about the reschedule, I was told I would have to show up again in 2 month, but would have to reschedule then as well for another 2 months later. That would result in 3 days taken off to show up to court. Not worth the $100 fine. I payed and got outta there. Total scam, but it cost me more to take the time off.

I was under the impression that if the officer didn't show up and you had a challenge than in many cases, things tend to lean in your favor. Now it seems they will reschedule at the officers convenience.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C