I lke this

Did you see something that was supposed to be a car at one time and now looks like the frankenstein monster? If so take some pics of that fugly thing and post them here. This also goes for any other "rice" you may find littering the streets or shows.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

I lke this

Post by Briano1234 »

Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Re: I lke this

Post by kamzcab86 »

I'd like it a whole lot more if they didn't call it a Bulli Concept, aka Micro/Bus/van. That ain't a Bus!! It's just a re-worked Golf/Up!. It's nothing like the original concept from back around 2000 or so.

I've posted this 3 times now around the Net, but here it is again:

To replace the vans/buses of yore, give me the T6 California...

...in blue, with a 7-spd DSG TDI w/ 4MOTION & a bike rack(!):

:thumbup: :thumbup: 8)

It'll only cost me €68,000! :shock: :(
PDX Cabby
The Living Bentley Manual
What year is your cabby?: 1985
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by PDX Cabby »

I like what you're thinking Kamz
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

Ditto on the camper, excepting the price. After reading of the Bulli's release, it's a neat concept-I like the original concept they came up with much better, however.

I was thinking that as families are getting more and more fed up with airline travel (paying for checked bags, too many restrictions on what you can/cannot bring, the virtual strip machines, long lines, etc) it's time to bring back vehicles the family can take for a road trip alternative and spend time together. How cool would it be to have a modern, safe, campmobile to load your family into and take a trip, yet during the week it is still your family hauler? Throw in a diesel and you have some pretty good gas milage to boot.
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
gull
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by gull »

kuklaki wrote:How cool would it be to have a modern, safe, campmobile to load your family into and take a trip, yet during the week it is still your family hauler? Throw in a diesel and you have some pretty good gas milage to boot.
There are some pretty nice camper conversions for the Mercedes/Freightliner/Dodge Sprinter, which is available with a diesel. They don't come cheap, but campers never do.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

gull wrote:There are some pretty nice camper conversions for the Mercedes/Freightliner/Dodge Sprinter, which is available with a diesel. They don't come cheap, but campers never do.
My former neighbor looked into getting a Sprinter conversion and I nearly fell over when he said how much it would've cost him. Heck, my parents looked into getting one of those Alaskan camper shells for my dad's truck... talk about sticker-shock! You could buy two Westfalias for the cost of one those things! :shock: