passant commercial

Did you see something that was supposed to be a car at one time and now looks like the frankenstein monster? If so take some pics of that fugly thing and post them here. This also goes for any other "rice" you may find littering the streets or shows.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

passant commercial

Post by Briano1234 »

Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: passant commercial

Post by CalAltaDubber »

That is a good one.

Little Darth is impressed.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
bbrown
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by bbrown »

I thought it was one of the best of the super bowl. Clean, cute, and classic. Way to go VW.
~Buster

1986 VW Cabriolet 1.8 5 spd.

~__|__\__
[(O)__(O)]
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom

Post by kamzcab86 »

Saw that ad back when it was released a week or two ago. One of the best ads the "new" ad agency has come up with since they were hired. :thumbup:

The Beetle ad is pretty good too... although, I thought VW was killing off the NB. :roll:
bbrown

Post by bbrown »

kamzcab86 wrote:The Beetle ad is pretty good too... although, I thought VW was killing off the NB. :roll:
This is a test mule with old NB front and rear clips to hide some of the new body lines, but the main lines are there:

New mixed with old. I kind of like it, but there are some haters on the NB forum on the Tex...
~Buster

~__|__\__
[(O)__(O)]
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom

Post by kamzcab86 »

Yeah, I've seen the semi-official photos in The Car Lounge. I don't like it. It looks like VW is trying too hard to modernize a "classic" to keep it around, when, in fact, they should've stuck with their original plan of just killing it off. Bring the Scirocco, Polo, etc. over here instead!
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

kamzcab86 wrote:Yeah, I've seen the semi-official photos in The Car Lounge. I don't like it. It looks like VW is trying too hard to modernize a "classic" to keep it around, when, in fact, they should've stuck with their original plan of just killing it off. Bring the Scirocco, Polo, etc. over here instead!
No, the Golf town and Country.............

Then we can hear all the tex'ers say lower that............. :)

A stretched beetle..... mmmmmm It isn't working for me, at least they should of put a suicide 1.4 door on the back.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
bbrown

Post by bbrown »

kamzcab86 wrote:Yeah, I've seen the semi-official photos in The Car Lounge. I don't like it. It looks like VW is trying too hard to modernize a "classic" to keep it around, when, in fact, they should've stuck with their original plan of just killing it off. Bring the Scirocco, Polo, etc. over here instead!
I agree with you to a certain extent, but aren't Scirocco and Polo just the same modernizing of a classic? I guess I am just playing Devil's advocate at the moment. I hope they make the new-old-new Beetle rear engine, but I think I heard its going to be FWD...
~Buster

~__|__\__
[(O)__(O)]
gull
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by gull »

Looks kinda like a PT Cruiser, to me. Or an Audi TT with a glandular condition. ;)

I keep wondering why they don't come out with a New Microbus. It would sell like hotcakes.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

Any new Scirocco hate will not be tolerated on these forums :evil:

I'm kidding, maybe.

I'm a big fan of the new rocco, though I'm a bit biased since I have 2 fairly decent examples of classic'ish rocco's in my driveway. I wasn't as big of a fan till I saw it in person though. Now, I'd take on in a heartbeat if I could get my hands on one and afford it.

The new-new beetle isn't exactly working for me either. While I also must admit it appears a bit PT Cruiser'ish as well, I see wht VW was going for. If you look a the prototypes of the orginial beetle, there is one that this car really resembles. Thats my take on it anyway.

As for the polo, if Fiat is going to put that 500 on our roads, no reason the polo can't come here and put the smack-down on it.

Not, that I'd buy any of the above (save for the rocco, daddy like one in .:R flavor please) but I could see them here and see them being bought. Beats the hell outta that americanized POS Jetta they are about to start pumping out. Not happy with that thing at all. Metal hinges in the trunk??!!!??? WTF, welcome back 1960.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C