Snowing in Atlanta in December?

Did you see something that was supposed to be a car at one time and now looks like the frankenstein monster? If so take some pics of that fugly thing and post them here. This also goes for any other "rice" you may find littering the streets or shows.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Snowing in Atlanta in December?

Post by Calimus »

The weather doesn't bother me, it's all the idiots here in the south that can't drive in any of it (that includes nice sunny days). I don't mind snow at all so long as it's less then 3 feet and sticks around just long enough to have some fun. Then it can be gone.

Personally I'd rather just have a constant spring & fall. Summer & winter I could do without.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Yup. Looking forward to it this time. Steering rack in the audi is replaced, it's been aligned and I just replaced the one bad tire it had today ($211 for one damn tire - ouch, my ass). I'm ready for some quattro fun.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

So far it has been snowing here for 1.5 hours and we already have 3 inches...YUCK :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

same here. I think we are a tad over 3 inches at this point and are getting "Thunder" snow. I haven't seen/heard lightning and thunder during snow since I lived in NY. I'm enjoying it and can't wait till tomorrow to go play in the A6.

Granted Brian, if I had a driveway like yours, I'd prollie feel the way you do.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

I took this photo of lake lanier.....

My very first day in the Coast Guard Mar 1 1976, I first hear Thunder snow.
San Francisco....
Briano

Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Well I got my Drive Way Shoveled and the Kitty-litter/sand/salt mixture is on it. Took the Bunny out to Publix's to buy Milk, Cocoa, and Mini-Marshmallows I didn't know that we were going to have guests for the duration....

It was a fun drive 15-20mph tops, the roads were patchy pavement and 4 inches of Ice.
So after working all night, I got out and shoveled 2/3rds of the Driveway, Kids petered out yesterday after doing 1/3 of it. Got the Pathfinder stuck and almost sideswiped the tree. Drove to Publix. Waiting for my bed to get empty to go to sleep.

Saw a 2006 Jag going down the road at 30-40MPH driven by a lady dressed to the nines, the whole time she was talking on her cell phone..... me I just putt putt putted along watching for the crazies which as it appears aren't too hard to find.
Briano

CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Briano1234 wrote:Saw a 2006 Jag going down the road at 30-40MPH driven by a lady dressed to the nines, the whole time she was talking on her cell phone..... me I just putt putt putted along watching for the crazies which as it appears aren't too hard to find.
Sounds like some Calgary drivers made it to your area.

Tell me did you see that Jag again? In a more crumpelled position? She sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Well, drove on it Monday, it's ok.
Drove on it Wed, it was still ok.
Drove on it Thursday, twice, and about had my hat handed to me by speeders, idiots, and other assorted fools. They think that they can go 50 miles an hour on black ice.

Well I about ran/slid in to the back of a crossfire that decided to brake on Ice...

So I am waiting patiently for the GREAT THAW.

Everything that thawed yesterday became black ice this morning.
Briano

Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Got the last car (Pissan Nathfinder) dug out, and only kissed the Tree a little bit. (It will Actually buff out). So now waiting for the snow to thaw.
Briano

Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Most things are in the clear here. Small bits of black ice yesterday and today here & there, but nothing to really be concerned with. Still have a few abandoned cars out on i-75 and I'm really surprised they are still there. Went to work both Thursday and Friday. Aside from the fact that the A6 literally takes 20+ min to warm up the coolant in the morning it hasn't let me down at any point during this whole ordeal. The A1's stayed home and for the most part, the beetle didn't move either. Too much power to the front wheels for the road conditions even in stock mode.

Was wild seeing all the idiots out "trying" to drive though. Was lucky and didn't have any of them get near me.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C