down 1 up 2

Did you see something that was supposed to be a car at one time and now looks like the frankenstein monster? If so take some pics of that fugly thing and post them here. This also goes for any other "rice" you may find littering the streets or shows.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

down 1 up 2

Post by Briano1234 »

well I finally got rid of my 92 Caravan,,,, sold it to pull-apart because the idiots I was dealing with on Craigslist was
"is that your final answer"
"are you willing to negotiate?"
"Can you log on to my insurance site and tell me how much insurance is gonna cost me?"

But today I bought a 94 Honder Civic one owner, 120K all been maintained by dealer for my daughter.. (who actually paid me for this car...)

Then Wed, I pick up a 1996 Ford Crown Vic P-71 Police interceptor 150K.... It was a county Marshells car to serve warrants in.

Geeeee like I don't have enough crap to work on...... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: down 1 up 2

Post by Calimus »

Welp, time to get learning on JDM. Most of it is pretty easy.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
gull

Post by gull »

I had a '94 Civic Si for a while. It was a very reliable car, and a whole lot of fun. The seats were murder on my back, though.

Had a '95 Crown Vic Police Interceptor for a few years, too...my main advice is, change the transmission fluid frequently if you don't want to pay out a lot of money for tranny rebuilds.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Drove the crown vic home, had some fun.... the nut was off the transmission cable so I couldn't start the car, got that straightened out and
held it in place with a small pair of vice grips for the 40 mile ride home.... That thing goes like a raped ape....
had it up to 90 and it was rock solid...
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
gull

Post by gull »

People would always ask me if mine was "fast." I told them it depended on what you meant by "fast." It was, after all, a big heavy sedan. Lots of cars would beat it from 0 to 60, but at freeway speeds it would just take off when I floored it. It seemed to really hit its stride somewhere around 70 mph; passing maneuvers on two lane roads were a hoot. Top speed is apparently about 129 mph. Never verified that myself but it's supposedly where the limiter is set. The goal is apparently to protect the driveshaft, which hits its critical speed a bit above that, at least in the older models. Newer ones have an aluminum matrix shaft that's supposed to be stiffer.

There's a pretty good online community for those cars over at http://www.crownvic.net/.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force