Non-recommended maintenance techniques

Did you see something that was supposed to be a car at one time and now looks like the frankenstein monster? If so take some pics of that fugly thing and post them here. This also goes for any other "rice" you may find littering the streets or shows.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

gull
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Non-recommended maintenance techniques

Post by gull »

SOUTHWORTH, Kitsap County -- A man trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut blasted the wheel with a 12-gauge shotgun, injuring himself badly in both legs, Kitsap County sheriff's deputies said.

The 66-year-old man had been repairing a Lincoln Continental for two weeks at his home northwest of Southworth and east of Port Orchard and had gotten all but one of the lug nuts off the right rear wheel before getting frustrated Saturday afternoon, Deputy Scott Wilson said.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," Wilson said.

From about arm's length, the man fired the shotgun at the wheel and was "peppered" in both legs with shot and other debris, with some injuries as high on his body as his chin, according to a sheriff's office report.

"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

South Kitsap Fire and Rescue personnel treated the man at the scene before he was taken to Tacoma General Hospital with injuries Wilson described as "severe but not life-threatening."
(http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... ut12m.html)
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Re: Non-recommended maintenance techniques

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

hahaha....only in Washington
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :screwy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

Definately a "hey y'all watch this" moment.

Seriously I feel for the idiot. I mean, we've all gotten to the point where we wanted to shoot our cars, but impulse control is key :wink:
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

I can remember that I had a stuck lug nut, and I ended up taking the brake drum off to drill it out from the back as the ass-wipes who replaced my tires rounded off all the lug bolts on one tire..............

But I have never considered using a shotgun.... a small wad of C-4 maybe....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
GREENGOLF
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by GREENGOLF »

Briano1234 wrote:I can remember that I had a stuck lug nut, and I ended up taking the brake drum off to drill it out from the back as the ass-wipes who replaced my tires rounded off all the lug bolts on one tire..............

But I have never considered using a shotgun.... a small wad of C-4 maybe....

A 1/4 inch ball of DEXS would be a better choice for that application.;) It would burn the lugnut right out of there. :D
saturn
What year is your cabby?: 1982

Post by saturn »

No s**t, only in Wash State. They're friggin crazy up there! I'd know, used to live there! This is why I'm in Calif!! Thought some idiot would rub off his crazy genes to me! Must be all that moss..! Friggin Kitsap, what a trashmarathon, drivin' thru there, was so scared I'd never go back!! I'm so glad I'm in Calif!! Serves the dude right, gettin his legs blasted! Next time try a breaker bar, connected to cheaterbar, connected to baseball bat, connected to the thigh bone..! Sounds like a scary version of Operation!! No offence, trailer park Operation!! :lol: I better stop before I laugh myself off the chair!
Saturn